Chapter 6: Luna

(Ch. 6 Excerpt from edited story posted on Tapas)

 6 Excerpt from edited story posted on Tapas)

»»——⍟——««

Luna sighed. She had tried hard to avoid the lead couple because she figured out that the purpose of this side character was to incite conflict between the second female lead and female lead. Whether she lived or died in the process did not matter. Yet trouble came all the way here to find us. Is the plot really unbreakable?

When everyone dispersed to retire to their rooms, Luna went up to Erica's side without a word and hugged her arm. Erica slightly jumped and looked at Luna in confusion. Luna whispered with a small reassuring smile, "I'm fine. You don't have to do anything."

"How do you always know?" Erica asked with wide open eyes. Luna did not answer. She continued to smile with knowing eyes. Erica felt a little unsettled as if Luna could see through her, so she looked away. "I can't promise you anything. I'm feeling very frustrated that we just can't be left alone unless we do something." 

Because Erica was looking away, she did not see Luna looking at her with empty eyes. The plot has become irreversible huh? At this stage, it's likely time for the second female lead to go after the female lead's life. As I thought, having no other talent means that I can't change anything much. I can only be on guard and react.

Luna made use of the private investigator from before. Erica began showing an interest in engineering and material science. Luna wrecked her brain for possible ways Erica could kill Rina using that knowledge. Around 2 weeks later, the report showed that Erica volunteered to help replace a window pane that was broken by a student recently. The student had been fooling around his friends when he pushed his friend too hard who than fell onto the window and cracked it. 

Luna went to inspect the window which was on the 4th floor of the library building. It was the art room where Erica goes for her art classes. Rina placed her hand on the window pane and thought deeply. It sounded like a very normal event but it was too coincidental that there are various ways to apply Erica's newly gained knowledge here. Also, why was a window that is normally open closed? Normally such details would be disregarded as coincidences but Luna had to be paranoid because Erica was involved. Luna closed her eyes and remembered the acid that Erica had modified. Did she modify this as well? 

Luna pushed open the window gently. Alright, it's not brittle nor easily broken. She gradually increased the pressure exerted. It was only with almost her maximum strength did she manage to open it halfway through. Is this faulty? She looked at the area below the window and realised it was situated right above the building's entrance. It all clicked. Erica was planning to drop this window onto Rina and squash her like an ant. Any normal person who tried to open this now would simply think it is stuck and not bother trying anymore. This was risky as compared to her previous ploy but people would likely regard this as a freak accident. Except Lucas. Victor would likely hit back for vengeance and not because he realised that it had all been premediated.