World 4.3: Vanora

Before she knew it, Vanora was already cooking what was left of the deer.

While waiting for it to cook, she let BaoBao know of her conclusion.

For now, we can be sure that my body statistics seems enhanced. Strength, agility, speed, and all of my senses except for touch.

And your appetite. BaoBao did not forget to add. He had been flabbergasted when he saw Vanora finishing up a whole deer like it was nothing. In all the previous worlds, she would have preserved it and the deer would have lasted her days.

Vanora rolled her eyes while she admitted. You're right.

She was about to take another bite into the blue-rare meat when she heard a strange sound of air churning and warping in itself. All of a sudden, a man with short raven black hair and blood red eyes appeared above her. He looked charming in an all-black suit and brown leather shoes. 

"You're the new demon, aren't you?" Although he asked a question, he continued speaking without waiting for her confirmation.

"Because you came into existence in the territory of the demon lord Vlad, he has sent me here to inform you that you have till-" He stopped talking mid-sentence when he made eye contact with Vanora who had finally bothered to acknowledge his presence by looking up at him.

Vanora had been considering the pros and cons of associating with him and how she should handle the current situation. She decided with BaoBao to take the chance at building connections with another demon. Now she could only hope that he came on friendly terms. 

Several emotions fleeted across the man's face. Shock, suprise, awe, then finally curiosity as he stared down at the remaining meat in her hand. Vanora felt like he was an open book with the way he wore his heart on his sleeve.

"How odd. You haven't eaten a single human even though the first signs of the creation of a new demon appeared on the outskirts of the village. How did you accomplish that? And look at how raw your meat is. You obviously know how good it tastes raw but you're still cooking it even if a little. Why? I've not heard of a human still keeping their nature despite becoming a full fledged demon."

"... I don't know."

He suddenly disappeared and appeared right in front of her with his face inches away from hers as he bent down to look deep into her eyes. "How interesting, how interesting."

Vanora eyes were opened wide in surprise but she kept her cool. Building connections could help in her survival so it was crucial. She leaned back slightly then asked him in an amiable tone, "So what did you come to inform me of?"

"Ah yes!" He stood back up straight before continuing, "You have 2 years to prove your worth to to Lord Vlad. If you're just a demon that causes trouble and takes up resources and space, you'll instantly be obliterated. I will come every 6 months to assess your progress."

An assessment... And he comes by every 6 months... It's an opportunity!

"Please share with me every tip and advice on how to survive and become stronger." Vanora asked earnestly.

He put on a very bright smile that showed his pleasure. "You're really impressive. Intelligent. Unlike all the previous ones."

He made himself comfortable on the grass in front of her. "You're a Wrath descendent. Demons of your kind do not need to eat to survive but you will lose sanity and self-control the more you starve. As for strength, you simply become stronger the more wrath related emotions there are in you and in your vicinity."

"So those emotions are like substances that can be absorbed from the air around me?"

"You can put it that way. Can't you see something around me?" He asked with a light smile.