World 4.34: Vanora

Vlad came back out to find Vanora in the kitchen outside their house.

His arms circled around her waist and he rested his chin on her shoulder. "Want to share what was making you so gloomy?"

Vanora thought for awhile before revealing more about her past to him. "I am the demon that they said looked similar to me. I'm responsible for the boy's crippled arm and their current state." She confessed while cooking food for the children.

"That's it?"

"That's it? I'm the reason for their current state. It's because of me." She stopped cooking to look at him incredulously.

"Well... Do you remember how I praised you when I first met you? Anyone else would have eaten them up in no time, but you only broke his arm. That's a magnificent feat you've achieved."

He continued to talk when she still had the guilt-ridden expression on her face. "I'm sure they'll feel your sincerity through your actions. Just dedicate yourself to whatever you feel like doing, just like you did today, and I'll back you up without question. Don't worry too much." He took a step back, turned her to face him and stroked her cheeks dearly.

Vanora looked deep into his eyes before she slowly broke into a small and gentle smile. "I'll forever be in your debt at this rate."

"Don't say that. There're no debts between us. I love you. You're already making me very happy by allowing me to stay by your side like this. I'll wait for the day you'll accept me in your heart as your lover, then I'll put this on you to show others that you're mine." He took out a silver hair pin that has a pink cherry blossom at one end of it with several smaller ones dangling from the largest one.

"This is..." Vanora cocked her head in confusion as she tried to recall why it looked like something she had seen before.

The clip you threw at him the first time he barged into the bathroom.

"Why do you still have it?"

"I just felt it really suited you. It's a one of a kind, you know?" He beamed brightly, not mentioning the reason for it being the only one in existence. Vlad had destroyed all the other copies after choosing the best one then ordered the shop keeper to never create another thing like it. "I did not know when to give it to you again, so I came up with this idea."

Vanora felt the familiar tug in her heart that she had vehemently crushed and buried deep within her the last time she experienced it in the previous world. Who knew that another person in a different world would be able to make her feel this way again?

She bit her bottom lip hard and seemed lost in her thoughts for awhile. "Vlad..."

"I'll take over the cooking. You go sit in the house and wait. I'll be done with your share too." Vlad interrupted her and took over the spatula from her while nudging her to one side.

Just as Vanora listlessly turned around to leave the kitchen, she suddenly turned back. "Come to think of it... The food you cooked for me lately aren't as good as last time. Not that I'm complaining but I'm really curious. What's missing?"

"It's just the poorer quality of goods since I can no longer access the premium ones in my castle."

She eyed his back suspiciously before turning away to walk into the house. BaoBao, do you know anything. He said the goods were in his castle so you should have seen something. What exactly have I been eating?

... You're better off not knowing. BaoBao did not want to lie to her but he did not think letting her know would be a good idea too. So he left it at that.