~1~

Ink had always been the creator and protector of au's. His job was honestly a VERY busy job. As much as he loved his job, he disliked how it always tired him out. He hated how very few breaks he was able to take. It had been quickly starting to feel less of a job he enjoyed and more of just nothing more than a daily chore. Yes, Ink was technically incapable of feeling actual emotions, but there was one thing he could always feel. Depression. Ink's depression was honestly severe, but... No one knew that Ink was extremely depressed all the time. A few times, Ink had actually considered giving up on everything.

Every day was the same thing. Check on the AU's. Make sure Error doesn't destroy anything. Repair everything Error destroys. Fight Nightmare. Cu- Actually, he didn't want to finish that thought. He didn't want to think about that right now. Ink sighed as he was just sitting on a ledge. He knew the fall couldn't dust him. He can't die from normal circumstances. Lack of creativity and lack of fake emotions are the only things that could dust him. Though, he could still get severely injured.

He hated to admit what was the truth that he's lived with for years. He always avoided the topic of depression if his friends ever somehow brought the topic up. He sighed as his legs were dangling over the edge of the cliff. He knew there were countless jagged rocks below that could easily impale his body if he were to fall...or jump... Though, even though the fall couldn't kill him, if he stayed there long enough without making anything and go without drinking his special paints to fake emotions for long enough, then, he actually had the chance of possibly dusting at the bottom of the cliff.

But did he really want to do this? If he dusted himself, what would happen with the multiverse? Would Error destroy the multiverse, not knowing ink would have been gone? But... Would his best friends Dream and Blueberry actually miss him?... Or would they not even notice if he were to just 'disappear' one day? Would they not even care if he dusted himself? So many questions flooded the small skeleton's mind. All of these questions he didn't have a definite answer for. Did Ink even really want this?

Tears rolled down ink's cheeks. He didn't know what he wanted at this point. Did he really want to die and remove himself from the cruel fate he had been destined to have? Or did he want to survive for his friends all the while he would just continue to mentally suffer every day for the rest of eternity? He didn't know. He clutched his skull as all these thoughts kept invading his mind over and again. Why couldn't these thoughts just leave him alone for once in his damn life? Why did everyone else have to be happy while all he was able to feel was depression that only continued to worsen every day. Why did this have to happen to him after everything he's already been through in his life.

Out of a moment of seemingly anger at himself he shouted at himself. "IT'S JUST NOT FUCKING FAIR! THEY ALL GET TO BE HAPPY WHILE I'M LEFT BEHIND TO FUCKING SUFFER! I HATE THIS FUCKING JOB! I HATE WHAT EVERYTHING HAS FUCKING PUT ME THROUGH! I CAN'T FUCKING STAND IT ANYMORE" Ink started sobbing uncontrollably. "I-It's just not fair..." He sniffled. "I-I'm the good guy yet I can never have a fucking happy ending while everyone gets the happy ending they always wanted..."

Ink just sat there, sobbing until no more tears would fall from his eye sockets. Life was so unfair to him. He's lost all his family... He had lost his au.... He lost his home... And the only person he had ever once managed to feel love towards wanted him dead. What good would it do for him to keep living? Was there even really a point? At this point, Ink didn't know anymore... But all ink could think of now is Give Up.