~20~

Ink sighed. It's been a while since he's been this stressed out again. However, this stress only worsened his depression. He grumbled a bit to himself but felt tears start rolling down his cheeks as the voices in his head were returning. He held his hands on his skull, his head in throbbing pain as the voices in his mind spoke to him. 'You're just wasting your time with Nightmare. He's not going to fucking help you and you very well know that.' 'Why would he help a fucking pathetic idiot like you?' 'You can't hide your real identity for forever.' It may not necessarily seem like it, but those words were quite hurtful to ink.

Ink wanted the voices to stop. He curled up in a ball under the tree, crying. "L-Leave me alone already..." But his soft crying turned to full on sobbing. He was slowly losing his mind. He couldn't take any of this at all. Then, the voices started saying darker stuff to him. 'That cliff isn't far from here. Do everyone a favor and just go and fucking jump off the cliff.' Ink began to whimper softly and kept sobbing. The voices had left him alone for months. Why were they just now starting to bother him again? He didn't understand why this all had to happen to him. Why him of all people?... He just laid there, crying as he felt the snow falling down on him.

After what felt like days of not leaving that spot, he was quite cold at that point. He couldn't speak due to being too cold. Nor could he make any noise. Some tears have even started to freeze to his cheeks. All he could do is lay there and silently sob. He heard footsteps approaching, but he couldn't lift his head to see who was approaching him. He couldn't even open his eyes. He could tell when the person knelt next to him and felt them gently shook his shoulder slightly. He wanted to respond to let the person know he was ok, but he couldn't. The dark voices just kept repeating themselves in his mind over and over again. He then heard the person speak to him. "𝔹-𝔹𝕣𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣? 𝔸-𝔸𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕠𝕜?..." It was Slasher. But how did Slasher even get to this au? As far as Ink knows, he never gave Slasher the ability to travel between au's so this confused Ink. He did want to respond to his 'brother' but unfortunately, he couldn't even make a noise to let Slasher know he was alright. The next thing he knew, he felt Slasher pick him up and carry him through a portal, Slasher was presumably going back to Slicedtale with Ink. After all, Ink needed to warm up because he was dangerously cold right now. If he got any colder, he may die from the cold. But ink was barely conscious as it was. He wanted to stay conscious but soon enough, he ended up going unconscious.