~16~

Ink flinched a bit at the sound of the knock on his bedroom door. He quickly hid his paintbrush in the closet and used magic to make his voice sound a bit deeper to make it seem like he had just only been mimicking his original voice then went and unlocked the door, opening it. He saw it was Nightmare. Of course. It had to be Nightmare. He gave Nightmare a slightly nervous expression. "O-Oh, hey Boss. Did you need something?" He really hoped Nightmare would believe his lie now, looking to the side slightly as a way of avoiding eye contact after saying that.

Nightmare crossed his arms a bit, but he honestly did like Slicer / Ink's outfit. "I was just checking in on you, that's all." He walks into the room and sits down on Ink's bed. "So, Slicer. I know you said you liked Error but according to Error, he doesn't know anyone by the name of Slicer. Care to explain why that is?" If Ink wasn't nervous before, he was really nervous now. "T-That's because I've never actually told him my name." That statement was starting to make Nightmare suspicious. Nightmare huffed a bit. "Are you really who you say you are, Slicer? Because I'm starting to have my doubts. But you would never lie to me, right Slicer?" Ink nodded nervously. "O-Of course! I-I'd never lie to you, Boss!" Nightmare looks Ink straight in the eyes. "Prove it."

Ink tilted his head a bit, slightly confused. "W-What?" Nightmare glares harshly. "Prove that you're really who you say you are." Ink tried his best not to tremble out of pure nervousness. "H-How w-would I prove it to you?..." Nightmare was beginning to lose his patience with Ink. "Prove you are who you say you are by showing me your au." Ink froze. He hadn't made the au yet. How was he supposed to show Nightmare the au he claimed was his if he's never even made the au yet?! He tried not to panic but knew Nightmare would want him to open a portal to his au. He pretended to have difficulty opening the portal. Nightmare impatiently tapped his left foot on the ground, continuing to glare at Ink. He had almost no patience left. "Is something wrong? What's taking you so fucking long with opening a portal to your au? Or were you lying to me, Slicer? I'd hate to have to punish you if you were lying because the last time someone lied to me, let's just say their dust was found the next morning."

Now Ink was extremely nervous and mentally panicking. He came up with a last-minute excuse. "I-It's challenging to access my au because we don't like letting people from other au's into our au. I-I'd have to get permission from the monsters of my au about whether or not you can have access to my au. I-It'll take me at least a few days to get permission from everyone." He hoped Nightmare would believe the lie. Nightmare was extremely suspicious at this point. He gets up off the bed. "Very well, then. I'll give you two days to get permission from everyone then you will show me your au. You better not be lying to me, Slicer." After saying that, Nightmare left the room and closed the door behind him. Ink sighed in relief. Now the tricky part would be making a storyline for his au, do the coding for the au, making the monsters, and making the au all in two days. He went and grabbed his paintbrush and teleported to a blank place that had yet to be an au and decided he'd make Slicetale here.