The Mall Rats - [Pt.3]

-3rd person view-

-At Max's house-

Max was trying a new skateboarding trick, although kept failing. She did an ollie (I think that's what its called lmao, i don't skateboard, clearly), and then the skateboard fled under her feet, and began speeding off.

"Shit!" She muttered.

But the skateboard came to a stop, only to see Eleven standing there, stood on one end of the board, flipping it u, and then kept a grip on it.

Max felt confused.

El used to hate her guts, why was she there?

El walked closer to Max, until they were face to face.

"Hi." El said, seriously, giving Max her skateboard back.

"...Hi?" Max responded, even more confused.

El stood awkwardly. "Can we... talk?"

-

"And then he said he-- he missed me. And then he just hung up." El explained, while sitting on Max's bed, as Max herself was pacing back and forth in a straight line.

"He's a piece of shit," Max concluded.

"What?" El asked, shocked.

"Mike doesn't have jack shit to do today, and his Nana obviously isn't sick. I GUARANTEE you, him and Lucas are playing Atari right now."

"But friends don't lie," El retorted.

"Yeah, well, BOYFRIENDS lie. All. The. Time."

-At Mike's house-

After Mike, Will, and Lucas went back to Mike's house, they decided to discuss what Mike had gone to see Kylie for in the first place, first.

On the way back from the quarry, Mike had told them everything about what Kylie had told them.

Girl advice.

"She knows I'm lying. She KNOWS I'm lying!" Mike yelled, pacing around the basement.

"I don't even understand. Why lie?" Lucas asked.

"Hopper. He threatened me."

"Did he say he'd kill you?"

"What? No."

"So then what's the big deal?" Lucas said, flinging his arms up.

"The big deal is, if I don't do what he says, then he'll stop me from seeing El. Like, permanently! You don't understand, Lucas. He's crazy. He's lost his mind!!"

"Hey, guys, I'm almost set up here." Will said, preparing the D&D board.

He needed to get his mind off everything, so he thought, what better to do than go back to older times?

But Mike and Lucas ignored him. "I had no choice, Lucas, I really had no choice."

"I just wish you'd consulted me, because they way you handled this, you're in deep shit!"

-At Max's house-

"You're going to stop calling him. You're going to ignore his calls. As far as you're concerned, he doesn't exist." Max informed.

"Doesn't exist?" El questioned.

"He treated you like garbage. You're going to treat him like garbage. Give him a taste of his own medicine."