The Battle of Starcourt - [Pt.5]

(So it's either gonna be in this chapter or the next or who knows, but some juicy shit's gonna happen, so stay tuned ;) )

Dustin started talking on the radio.

"Bald Eagle, do you copy? Bald Eagle, I repeat, this is Scoop Troop, do you copy?"

"Yes, I copy." Said an annoyed Murray through the coms.

"Call sign?"

He scoffed. "Bald Eagle."

"Please repeat."

"Bald Eagle, This is BALD EAGLE!!!" Murray said, more annoyed by the second.

"Copy that. It's good to hear your voice, Bald Eagle. What's you 20?"

"We reached the vent. I'll contact you when I need you. Until then, silence."

"Roger that, Bald Eagle. This is Scoops Troop, going radio silent. 10-10, over."

-

Now we were all back to trying to push the damn car back over. Yay.

Now Mike starting talking about physics and equal distribution of pressure and weight, and all that. So we all had a metal bar stool, and trying to accomplish that.

Then, to my surprise, the car tilted to its side, making it a tad easier.

Everyone let out a sigh of relief.

"All right, great." Mike said.

"All right now, all the way. Ready?" Jonathan said. "Three, two, one... Push!" We put the stools back on the car and started to push.

The the car FINALLY crashed, and was finally down.

"Told you. Physics." Mike said.

Then everyone hopped off the counter, as Nancy and Jonathan tried pulled the hood up.

"How do we get it open?" Nancy asked.

"Uh, there should be a latch. Check under the wheel. You see it?"

Then everyone backed up a bit and watched them.

"Good workout," I mumbled to myself.

"What's she doing?" Max asked, and she and Mike looked back, only to see El... rummaging through the garbage.

Why?

I have no clue.

I stayed with Will.

"This is crazy." He said.

"No shit," I said. "Hey, um... thank you... for everything you said... it really means a lot to me.."

A little smile grew on his face. "No problem."

Then that smile faded away and he touched his neck, and I saw goosebumps grow on his body.

Oh, shit....

He looked around.

Then there was a huge thump on the roof.

I slowly looked up.

Then I saw something... something's feet pounding and weighing down on the glass roof.

The glass started crackling.

Cracks started forming on the glass, and you could see the Mind Flayer peering down on us.

"NANCY!" Mike yelled, getting their attention.

Everyone looked up, and I felt limp.

The next thing I know, Will grabbed my wrist and we both ran to behind the car with our lives.