The Battle of Starcourt - [Pt.7]

(JUICY SHIT IN THIS CHAPTER! LOL. There's also some pretty gory stuff, like a bit of flesh eating, which you'll know what I mean when you see it later., so just warning you now. lol)

Suddenly, the Mind Flayer shrieked and stopped.

I turned around and looked back, confused.

"It's turning around!" Steve said.

"What?" Nancy said.

"It's turning around!"

"Maybe we wore it out!" Lucas said.

"I highly doubt that," I said.

"I agree, I don't think so. Hold on," Jonathan said, and started to take a sharp and violent U-turn.

I didn't mean to, but I squealed, and stiffened up for dear life just now.

Then Jonathan adjusted the drive and back onto the road.

-

We finally arrived back at the mall, following the Mind Flayer.

We were on the second floor, getting ready with Lucas's fireworks.

I was on the lookout. Billy was hunching over Eleven and whispered something to her.

Then the Mind Flayer stomped over the top, and made its way in.

I then grabbed a firework, and lit it with my powers.

"Flay this, you ugly piece of shit!" Lucas yelled, and threw a firework at it, which exploded in its hideous face, or, mouth.

It screeched in pain.

Everyone, including me, started launching fireworks at it.

"HEY ASSHOLE! OVER HERE!" Steve yelled, and threw one.

I lit another one, and it landed right on it's little tip of his forehead thingy. (You know what I mean lmao)

I also saw Billy grunt in pain, even though he wasn't hit.

The hive mind...

El tried frantically crawling away, but Billy pulled her back, and was now hovering over her.

I then threw another one, and it hit his leg.

"We're almost out!" Lucas yelled.

"I know!" Will said.

I looked back on the almost empty shopping basket and panicked.

"Shit!" I said.

"DUSTIN! WE'RE OUT OF TIME!" Steve yelled through the walkie.

I panicked again, and tried to think of another way to distract the Mind Flayer.

The rest of the fireworks kept going one by one, illuminating the whole food court with fumes and colors and flaming sparks.

Then it hit me--

My powers.

Nancy then picked up the last one.

"Hit me," She told Jonathan.

He lit the end.

She threw it, and hit the Mind Flayer.

"WE'RE OUT!" Will yelled.

"DAMN IT!" Lucas yelled.

I let out a whimper and ran about 15 yards away, and to the railing.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" Lucas yelled at me, thought faintly due to all the noise.

"JUST KEEP GOING!" I yelled back.

I then started the sensation in my body, feeling the sparks.

Then I already felt the blood trickling down my nose.

I stretched my hand out and grunted, and just as the colorful flames wore out, the Mind Flayer let out a screech when its leg started burning.

Then it shook its leg, putting out the flame, earning a groan from me.

"Damn it," I muttered, and retrying.

"What are you doing?!" I heard Will hiss loudly from 15 yards away.

"Trying to save our asses!" I said back.

Then I grunted and a bigger flame sparked on its head.

Then its hideous head snapped and faces me.

My eyes widened, realizing it knows I'm the one doing it. It hissed at me and its attention only turned to me.

And it wasn't even just the Mind Flayer, I looked around and saw the rest of them stare at me with horrified looks, but in a way that they knew what I was trying to do. It was in, like, a trusting sort of way.

Nancy's eyes had widened, and her jaw had dropped, and so had Jonathan's.

"What's she doing?!" I heard Nancy hiss.

I ignored that and kept trying to make the flame bigger.

Then the Mind Flayer's mouth stretched open at a steady pace, and a tentacle extended its way out.

Next thing I know, the tentacle LAUNCHES towards me and gets ahold of my wrist!

"KYLIE!" I heard Will scream.

Then I fully took my attention off my powers and onto my arm, trying my absolute hardest to pry its fleshy arm out my wrist.

I screamed in pain, as its teeth got further down into my skin.

But the more I tried prying it off, the stronger it got. I screamed in pain once again.

Now blood was pouring out my arm. Great!

Then the tentacle yanked on my arm, making me shriek, and nearly falling over the railing!

Now only my toes were holding me onto the railing now, and I was putting all my possible power into my toes, trying to hold myself back, even though absolutely everyone knows it's basically impossible to do so.

I kept screaming, still trying to pry the damn thing off my wrist.

"KYLIE!" I heard Will scream, getting closer.

But just before he could get to me, the Mind Flayer gave me one more harsh yank and I forcefully flew off the railing, and onto the floor.

Then I felt a crash thump through my whole body, as my consciousness faded, and felt a skidding sensation throughout.

(The tea.

And don't worry, she isn't dead you're wondering lol. Lol and sorry if this chapter freaking sucked, but yeah.

Oh, and by the way, before I forget, I did recently publish my new book, Lover, an Eddie story. So check it out if you wanna lol.)