The Battle of Starcourt - [Pt.6]

(Holy crap, I'm not even halfway through the episode. This may have several more chapters left... oh boy.

And also, EVEN THOUGH I KNOW YALL HAVE SEEN IT, WATCH THE VIDEO WHEN THE TIME COMES XD. This is gonna be a short chapter, just because lol.)

I was trying to control my breathing.

It was hard, I'm telling you.

The Mind Flayer was growling and running after us on the empty streets, literally less than 30 yards behind us.

So that's great.

Then the walkie from the back started crackling.

(YASSSSS ONE OF THE BEST PARTS IS COMING BISH (sorry im enthusiastic))

"Dusty-bun, you copy?"

"I copy, Suzie-poo."

"Suzie?" I said.

"It sounds much better now, thanks." Dustin said.

"Suzie..." Steve and Robin jinxed.

"Okay, so, listen, do you know Planck's constant?"

"Do you know the Earth orbits the sun?" She replied with a giggle.

Dustin lowkey snickered back. "Okay, so I know it starts with two sixes, and then a... W-What is it?"

"Okay, let me just be clear on this. I haven't heard from you in a week, and now you want a mathematical equation that you should know so you can... save the world?"

"Suzie-poo, I promise, I will make it up to you as soon as possible."

"You can make it up to me now..." She said, and it felt as if a grin had also passed through the walkie.

"What?"

"I want to hear it," She said, like she was spelling out every word.

"Not right now!" Dustin panicked.

Why was he panicking?

"Yes, now, Dusty-bun!"

"Suzie-poo, this is urgent!" I heard from Dustin.

"Yes, yes, you're saving the world, I heard you the first time, but Ged is also saving Earthsea and he's about to confront the shadow, so this is Suzie, signing off." She said, in a bit of a tone.

"What the hell are they talking about?" I muttered.

"You tell me," Lucas said.

(PLAY THE SONG NOW AS YOU READ)

"WAIT, WAIT, WAIT!" Dustin urged. "Okay. Okay. Okay." There was a pause. "Shit." There was a sigh on his end. 

"Turn around..." I heard Dustin... sing. My eyes widened. "Look at what you see... In her face... The mirror of your dreams,"

"Make believe I'm everywhere, given in the light," Suzie joined in, "Written on the page is.. the answer to a NEVERENDING STORY!"

Then they vocalized.

My jaw dropped.

"The world's about to end, and this is what's going down?" I said, rubbing my head.

"Reach the stars... Fly a fantasy, dream a dream. And what you see will be.... Rhymes that keep their secrets will unfold behind the clouds..."

Me, Will, and Lucas all looked at each other.

"And there upon a rainbow is, the answer to a neverending story..." Then vocalizing. "Story," And then more vocalizing, and then the singing voices faded.

"Planck's constant is 6.62607004." She said, finally.

"You just save the world!" Dustin said, in a relieved tone.

"Gosh, I miss you, Dusty-bun." She said.

"And I miss you more, Suzie-poo."

"I miss you more, multiplied by all the stars in our galaxy!"

"No, I miss you--" And then it was cut out.

There was a pause between everyone.

"What in the hell just happened?" Lucas said, slowly.

"You tell me," I said.

Wow, fate has some really weird ways of saving the world.