The Battle of Starcourt - [Pt.4]

(OMG JUST A SIDE NOTE.

OMG THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 1K READS! I NEVER THOUGHT THAT SO MANY PEOPLE WOULD WANNA READ MY SHITTY ASS STORY, BUT IT REALLY MEANS SO MUCH TO ME. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!)

Me and Will got by over by the others, as I still couldn't get what had just happened off my mind.

I really freaking loved that.

Even though I know we aren't, it almost felt as if we were dating.

Hop was currently saying bye to El, seeing as that he's gonna go down BACK to the Russian facility to blow the machine up.

"Hey," Mike said, breaking the father daughter moment. "We should probably go." He said awkwardly.

I don't think he and Hop are on the *best* terms right now.

Hop sighed, as El gave him a worried look. Then she embraced him in a big hug.

She let go, and they smiled at each other, before Mike and Max went there to help El up.

"Mike?" Hop asked, making Mike turn around. It felt as if he wanted to say something but changed his mind. "Be careful."

Max and El went on, as Mike nodded and started heading off with them.

Then, me, Will, Nancy, and Jonathan followed behind them.

We headed out the mall, and El started feeling pain again, as we started piling into the car.

"El, you're bleeding," I heard Max say.

"Are you okay?" Mike asked.

Clearly not, I thought to myself.

"Yeah." She said.

Then they let El into the car.

I was in the first backseat row, squished between Max and Will. Lucas was on one end, and Max was on the other. Mike was in the back with El.

Dustin and the Scoops Troop were gonna communicate with us through Cerebro, and Joyce, Hop, and Murray were gonna explode the gate.

Then Nancy tried turning the car on, but instead the engine started sputtering, and wouldn't turn on.

My heart skipped a beat.

Out of all times, now?

Now had to be the time. Out of all!

"What's wrong?" Jonathan asked.

"I don't..." She tried again. "I don't know." She tried once again. "You can't be serious, come on!" She said, starting to stress out.

"Didn't you mom just buy this car?" Lucas asked.

"Yes, I'm sure it's fine." Nancy said, stressed.

"Did you leave the lights on?" Will asked.

"No."

"Do we have gas?" I asked.

"YES!" Nancy snapped.

Then she violently turned the key again, but the same result kept happening. "COME ON!"

"Whoah, whoah, whoah! Just stop, stop!" Jonathan said, trying to get control in his girlfriend. "Pop the hood."

Then she and him got out the car when Nancy popped the hood of the car.

"What the hell?" I heard Jonathan said.

"What?" Nancy asked.

"The ignition cable's gone,"

Then we all heard a huge roar from another car down the Starcourt parking lot.

We all looked out and faintly saw Billy, in his car.

Everyone started getting nervous.

I clutched onto Will's hand without thinking.

Billy kept on revving the engine.

"Back in the mall!" Jonathan yelled, as Nancy went onto the side of the car, banging onto the car, and rapidly opened the car door.

"Back in the mall!" Nancy said, as we all started flooding out the car.

"Be careful!" Mike said to El.

We all started running back for the inside.

-

"Scoops Troop, do you copy?" Mike said into the walkie talkie, repeatedly, as the rest of us were panicking.

Especially me.

"We're trapped in the mall and in need of emergency transportation!" Mike said.

Also in the meantime, Lucas was trying out his wrist rocket.

Never thought I'd be alive to say that that stupid thing has actually saved our asses once.

Then Nancy was cocking her pistol she found on one of the now dead Russian guys. Me, Will, and Max were with her.

"You're gonna kill him, aren't you?" Max asked.

"This is just a precaution, okay?" She responded.

"And not just against Billy, if he knows we're here, so does the Mind Flayer." Will said. 

"Scoops Troop, I repeat, we are in need of emergency transportation. Do you copy?" Mike said, pacing around the mall hastily waiting for an answer.

Nancy looked at the car El had flipped over.

"No chance that thing'll drive, right?" Nancy said, sarcastically, with a chuckle.

Jonathan looked as id=f he just had a major epiphany. "We don't need it to drive, we just need the ignition cable."

We all exchanged looks.

-

Now, guess what we were doing.

Trying to flip the car back over, just for the ignition cable.

I was pushing with all my might, but I mean, the average car weighs 2 tons, which is about 2,000 pounds, and I don't think my tiny ass body is capable of holding such weight.

We were all straining our hearts out.

"Push!" Jonathan said.

"We're trying!" I said back.

The car lifted itself up a tiny bit, but then faltered back down.

"SHIT!" Lucas said.

"Let me try." El said. She was next to Will.

"El..." Mike began.

She sighed in return. "I can do it."

We all exchanged looks and gave each other deep sighs.

-

Now El was about to try to push it over.

We had all backed up, and were watching her do it.

El had her arm stretched out, as the car started creaking.

It was only a little bit, though.

It barely did anything, to our luck (Note the sarcasm).

The car only creaked, but that was just about it.

El then grunted and let go.