The Battle of Starcourt - [Pt.8]

-3rd person view-

"NO!" Will screamed, as he saw Kylie fly off the railing.

He was in shock. He just had witnessed his best friend falling off a second floor!

His eyes had widened, and he had basically frozen in one position.

The others had also frozen, in fear and shock.

Will was on the verge of tears, only being held back by shock.

The Mind Flayer then dragged her unconscious body across the mall floor, skidding. A blood streak trailed behind her.

Then it stopped, and retracted its arm, knowing that she'd be unconscious for a while, at least. Or so it thought.

Eleven saw that with the corner of her arm, and her eyes widened and she started hyperventilating.

El had had just been recalling a memory to Billy about his mom.

Billy's heart had softened, although she didn't know what that would mean.

-Kylie's POV-

I had heard faint sounds by now, but my consciousness was very woozy right now.

My mind was currently about 8% awake, but I could still hear and feel things, even if it was very faint and numb.

I felt myself in a tiny puddle of blood, growing little by little by the second.

I also felt burning sensations throughout my whole body, but it wasn't by heat.

I weakly and barely managed to pick myself up.

I looked around, and my vision was very off. Like I was seeing multiple of one thing.

I touched my forehead, and it came back only with blood.

"Shit..." I muttered weakly.

Then my arm started stinging with pain, and I winced.

I gave my attention so what was going on around me.

I saw Billy getting off El, with confidence, and faced the Mind Flayer.

The Mind Flayer roared. Then it snarled, as El fearfully backed up.

Then a tentacle flew out, and I embraced myself for dear life, but it didn't hit neither me, or El.

I looked back up and Billy had blocked its tentacle with his fists, grunting hard with work and pain.

I felt about a million emotions run through my during this moment.

"No!" He screamed. The Mind Flayer was fighting against Billy's grip.

Why was Billy doing this?

Then several other tentacles flew out, hitting him in other parts of the body, one by one, as blood stained his clothing.

Billy screamed in pain.

Then, in the course of less than ten seconds, his torso was covered in fleshy tentacles, and the Mind Flayer lifted him up a bit.

Its attention only remained on Billy right now. Not on me, or El, or any of the others.

-3rd person view-

"CLOSE IT NOW!" Dustin yelled through the walkie. "CLOSE IT!"

Joyce Byers finally got ahold of the other key.

She looked back and saw Hopper look back at her, right next to the machine that was trying to reopen the gate, after defeating the Russian giant.

She suddenly realized what turning the key was going to do.

Hopper had that reassuring look in his eyes. Joyce paused.

She looked at Hopper in the distance, her heart slowly breaking.

(AND NOW IM CRYING. GREAT.)

Billy, still in the Mind Flayer's nasty grip, fell to his knees. Blood was pouring and leaking down his mouth, into his clothes.

The Mind Flayer roared in anger, upset.

Billy screamed one last scream.

Another tentacle then flew out its mouth, hitting Billy right in the heart.

"BILLY!!!" His little sister, Max, said.

Then the Mind Flayer removed all the tentacles, as blood splurtled all over Billy's chest.

Billy fell to the ground, his consciousness beginning to fade.

Max's jaw dropped with shock and fear and emotional pain.

And back in the Russian facility, Joyce was also in shock.

Hopper gave her a reassuring nod, followed by a weak smile, that read "It's okay."

Joyce's lip quivered, and a glossy layer took over her eyes.

Hopper's gentle smile grew bigger, and a tear trickled down Joyce's face, and she closed her eyes.

And with that, she turned the keys.