S5 E7 - Girl Meets Violence (Gun Control)

A/N Okay so this episode is inspired by S5 E15 of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. I wanted to write this episode to raise awareness about gun control since we live surrounded by violence. This part won't have a major impact for the storyline aside from the fact that (spoiler alert!) Maya won't walk for a while.
Okay I'm gonna leave you to the episode now ✌🏻

"Violence!" Matthews starts his lesson
"It's never the right way to solve your problems. Violence always leads to more violence. Don't think that in a conflict the other one turns the other cheek when he or she is hit. People are dumb" he slightly frowns
"Or smart. It depends on the situation. You know what? No, they're dumb. As I was saying: they're not gonna turn the other cheek. They're gonna smack yours back instead. And what does violence leads to? Riley"
"Other violence"
"Good answer. And when violence expands? Farkle"
"Wider conflicts. In other words: wars"
"Perfect!"
"What does this have to do with us, Matthews?" I ask
"Yeah, we aren't violent, you know that" Smakle adds
"Yeah, the only one who could've used violence was Lucas" Missy completes
"And he's gone" I can feel the pain in Zay's voice. Even though I have a history with people I love leaving I can't even imagine being apart from Riley so I can't understand what he got through. He was literally destroyed when he left. We all were, but him in special. He just didn't show it, but I could see it.
"Trust me, guys. Violence has to do with your lives. Without violence and wars you probably wouldn't be here today. Can someone make some examples?"
"All history" I frown at Smakle, what does that mean?
"What?"
"All throughout history there were wars. There has never been peace"
"What can we do to stop violence?" I ask
"Be kind to people, turn the other cheek. Get involved"
"In what?"
"Everything. When you see a situation you don't like then stand out. Class dismissed"

*Hours later, at Topanga's*

"Hello, honey" Elliot welcomes me with his usual smile. I'm so tired right now but I manage to put a smile on my face and give him a quick kiss when I walk behind the counter to put my apron on.
"Hi, baby"
"Hi, baby? Wow"
"What's so funny?" he smirks
"You know, for someone who always complains about stupid couple's nicknames you sure use a lot of them" I scoff
"Oh, please. I just used it this once"
"Do I have to remind you of honey, sweetheart, babe, dadd-" I quickly cover his mouth
"Don't you even dare to say it out loud" he arches a brow
"Really? You're the only one allowed to use it? Man, I would love to scream it like you usually-"
"Do you wanna die young or...?"
"At least I'd be remembered as a hot teen instead of a crinkly grandpa"
"Or as 'the guy who didn't listen to his girlfriend and refused to shut up'"
"You got me there" he kisses my head
"I'll go get table three. You can rest for a few minutes and chill with the others" Wait, the others are here? Why have I not noticed it?
"Well, hello to you too, daddy" I playfully punch Zay and sit between him and Riley.
"Stop making fun of me. At least I have a partner instead of jumping from a person to another"
"Someone's in a sassy mood today"
"Missy, when is Maya not sassy?"
"You're right. You are so smart. That's why you're my girlfriend" I smile at the couple. They could literally be considered the new Corpanga. Well, not really. Cory and Topanga still remain superior.
"Peaches?"
"Yeah?"
"You knew that we were here, right? I mean, you looked to stunned when you saw us. Didn't you see us when you came in?"
"Sorry to disappoint you, Riles. But I didn't. I just came in a walked behind the counter to talk to your brother"
"Talk? More like dissing" Farkle calls her out
"Smakle!"
"You know it's the truth"
"You know what, Maya? Today we're gonna have a slumber party! I wanna catch up a little. We don't hang out as much as we used to"
"Yeah, you're right. And I'm letting it happen because of a boy"
"Yeah, and I'm letting it happen because of a girl"
"Hey, that's not-" Riley shushes her girlfriend
"From now on I'll be more focused on you"
"Hey, Maya. Can you-"
"Not now, El. I'm focusing on Riley"
"That's cool and all but can you-"
"Elliot, not now. I'm not gonna compliment how great your hair looks today" he sighs heavily
"I was going to ask you if you could put the cookies out of the oven before they get burnt but okay I guess..."