S5 E10 - Girl Meets Betrayal

"College! Where did you guys apply to?" I sigh. I really haven't chose yet which college I'm gonna go so I didn't apply at all. I'm torn apart between NYU and Paris College of Arts. On one side I have my best friends and family and on the other I have Europe and my dreams. Wouldn't it be selfish and hypocritical if I chose to leave? To become the kind of person I've always hated? To become just like my dad? Choosing happiness over love?
"NYU"
"Great choice Zay, are you sure you'll get in?"
"Obviously, I'm an athlete. I'll get for sure the scholarship" I have a few things to say about this but I'll just stay quiet for now.
"Okay, Zay" Mr. Matthews says with a hint of amusement in his tone.
"What about you, Smakle?"
"Oxford, Harvard and New York, but that's my last choice"
"I'm with Smakle" Farkle adds
"Missy?"
"I applied to almost every college in the country, Matthews"
"Riley?"
"NYU for sure. You have nothing to worry about that. Our college applications are already in"
"Yeah, well, yours are" I mutter under my breath in hopes that no one heard me but Riley turns her head to the side to look at me with a frown.
"What? You haven't sent your college applications?! Maya! Why?" I shrug
"I...I don't know. I'm still not sure if I wanna go to college"
"Lies! You always told me how you wanted an Art degree since we were little"
"Riles, things change"
"Not you"
"People change people" I reply, slightly irritated.
"No, you're still Maya Hart-"
"Hunter. I am Maya Hunter, Riley. I grew up, I've matured in this past years"
"Your passion about art is still the same though"
"What if it isn't? What if I don't like painting anymore?" Matthews starts laughing but immediately stops as soon as I glare at him.
"Come on, Maya. We know you"
"Why haven't you sent your college application?" I open my mouth to say something but I'm saved by the bell.
"Sorry, I have Biology now" I say bitterly before grabbing my backpack and leaving the class.

*Hours later, at Topanga's*

"Hello, my love" Elliot greets me as soon as I walk in the bakery.
I'm so tired right now. I spent the entire day avoiding every member of our clique. I don't wanna answer questions I don't know the answer to.
I sloppily drag myself behind the counter and lazily let my backpack drop to the floor.
"Tough day?" I slowly nod and he opens up his arms to me.
"My poor baby" he says in a loving tone before engulfing me in a tight hug.
"Love you"
"I love you, too" I whisper. I really do love him. I just wanna snuggle with him all day, under the covers while sipping hot cocoa. He's so warm and comfortable, almost like a giant teddy bear.
"Then why did you tell me you applied for NYU when you still haven't done it yet?" I immediately pull away. How does he know?
"We told him" Farkle announces casualty as he walks in with the rest of the crew.
"Farkle! Why?"
"Because he deserves to know"
"And we deserve to know too, Peaches" I sigh
"Riles, it's not that simple to explain"
"Then try, we'll do our best to understand" Missy says boldly
"You won't give up, huh?"
"You got it right" I nervously play with my fingers before taking a deep breath
"Guys, I don't wanna go to NYU" I can see my news shocked them all. Abort. Abort.
"I mean, it's a great school and all that but... I wanna go to Paris College of Arts. But I also don't..." Zay frowns
"Woman, stop confusing me"
"I don't wanna leave you all. I don't wanna abandon you. You've been the only reason why I'm still surviving high school. I can't imagine going to the other part of the world for college, all alone. I'd be lost without you, all of you" Farkle gives me a hug that I reciprocate.
"Maya, you'll be just fine. I promise"
"What about you?"
"We'll be fine too. Because we'll stick together"
"And we know that you won't abandon us. You're Maya Hunter. You'll probably find some way to come here whenever you can. Because that's the kind of person you are" I smile fondly at Zay before kissing his cheek. What he said was really sweet.
"I am never washing that again"
"Come on, Zay. It was just a kiss" Smakle raises her eyebrows at her boyfriend before kissing him, making him faint. Typical Farkle.
"Now that we solved that..." Elliot starts
"Why did you lie to me?" I take his big hands in my little ones.
"Every time I mentioned you I was thinking about going to your same college you looked so happy and excited. I couldn't let you down. I can't let you down. I don't want to. I never want to. But I just...I wanna pursue my dreams. Is it selfish, though?" he tilts his head with a sad smile.
"Maya, remember when Riley and Lucas had their thing going on and you had a crush on him?" Where is he going with this? And why is he talking about Lucas? He's considered almost as a taboo.
"Remember what I used to tell you?"