Chapter 12 - Digging bodies -

Your POV

..."So, here we are" you said as you got out of your car, taking the two shovels you bought on the last fuel station (one of them more like a child's toy, so Chucky could handle it better), Chucky following you to your trunk.

"Yes", he said with a determined look in his face. "Time to dig a grave"...

As you two strolled through the cemetery you eventually found what you were looking for...

"Pretty surreal isn't it?" you asked Charles. "Yeah, never thought I would see my own grave, what a fucked up shit" he stated.  "Anyways, get on we have a lot of work ahead of us".

And so the both of you digged out his grave, which took you around three hours. Fortunately there was no one else in the cemetery, but who would come here at 3 am anyway?

After hours of the hard work, you reached the cheap wooden coffin, not even nailed shut. They really didn't spend even one penny more then necessary. There wasn't even a flower or candle or anything next to his grave either. Your heart ached as you imagined how Chucky felt seeing, that nobody seemed to care about his "death". But you couldn't think of any words that could cheer him up, so you just continued to open his coffin, the lid opening easier than you thought.

"Craaaazy, still looks pretty much like you" you said while you stared in awe at his dead body. That was so weird, the only sign he was dead, were his sunken in cheeks and eyelids. But if you compared the body with the pictures you saw on tv you could definitely recognise him.

"Hell yes, kid...fucking crazy you're right. Well, fortunately the heart is still here, at least they left me this. Let's get the shit going then hehehe" he said triumphantly. Then he started his dark voodoo ritual after he took the ancient amulet from his own corpse and layed a hand on top of his dead head.

"Ade due damballa. Give me the power I beg of you.Secoise entienne mais pois de morte.Morteisma lieu de vocuier de mieu vochette.Endonline pour de boisette damballa!Secoise entienne mais pois de morte.Endelieu pour de boisette damballa!!!" he chanted four times and you saw the same strange cloud formations forming in the clear night sky as in the night you found the murderous doll. Thunder and lightning found their way to your eyes and ears and you were blinded for a second. In the next moments there was complete silence and you opened your eyes again. Chucky had his eyes closed and seemed to wait for the forbidden magic to happen. Seconds passed and he eventually opened his eyes and looked at his corpse. Anger started to show in his face as he clenched his tiny fists and threw the amulet against the still dead body.

"Fuck!!! Fuck, fuck, FUCK! Fuck you!!!" he screamed. "It's too late, I was too long in this damn body, I am fucking stuck in here." he seemed to realise. As in defeat he threw the small shovel to the ground, heading back to the entrance of the cemetery. Not even bothering for his desecrated grave. For a moment you just stood there, not quite sure what to do against this radiating anger. Then you noticed, that he even left the amulet. "Well, we drove all the way for this little thing, no way that I go back without that" you whispered to your self as you put the amulet in your jacket pocket. After that you slid the coffin lid shut again, to show his corpse a bit of respect, even if you would be the only one. Then you hurriedly went back to your car. Chucky was already on the passenger seat, staring out of his window into the dark night.

"Well, that's gonna be a fun ride home" you thought...

Authors note

thank you very much for reading. As always I would be grateful for any comment. Hidey hoo. :D