Loose You To Love Me (Tom Holland)

A/N: Okay, Okay. Before you say anything, yes I know I said I'd upload a happier chapter next, but then I heard her new song yesterday and I knew I had to write a chapter, so here it is. I'll try my best to post the happier one later today or tomorrow. 

Word Count: 2712 words

Warnings: Angst, sad song, Tom being really stupid, a tiny amount of self harm and a swear or two

———————————————————

You promised the world and I fell for it

I put you first and you adored it

— — 

You had been dating Tom Holland for almost a year now, but something was up. Tom just didn't seem like himself around you like he used to be, and it was starting to worry you. Tom complained a lot more than usual and said some meaner stuff to you. You tried to push it all away and blame it on his mood, but he was always this way now.

Even his fans seemed to notice something was up. None wanted to hang out with Tom anymore, not even Haz. His mood just ruined everyone's day, you were getting so sick of it. Most people would just call it off right then and there, but there was a problem. You were head over heels in love with him. In love with a man, who was treating you like garbage.

— —

Set fires to my forest

And you let it burn

— —

Your phone starting ringing. You looked at the caller ID to see that it was Tom calling you. You sighed and braced yourself  for the negative stuff he had to say. You answered the phone and held it up to your ear. 

Before you could even say anything Tom's voice came through the phone, "Y/n, we're done. I just can't stand being with someone like you any longer. Delete my number, I'm blocking you." and with that he hung up.

You began to cry. You knew you'd eventually have to call it off, or he would, but you didn't want it to be like that. You wanted it to be nicer and see if you could remain friends, but now your relationship was in shambles.

— —

Sang off-key in my chorus 

'Cause it wasn't yours

— — 

The memories started to flood back to you in an instant. The time Tom screwed up your audition for Doctor Strange: and the Multiverse Of Madness and blamed it on you.

"Y/N!" Tom yelled, causing the casting directors to look up in surprise, "You're saying it all wrong. You're not capturing the emotion correctly, do you even know how to act?" 

Your eyes started to well with tears. This was the first time Tom had ever gone off on you. Tom was escorted out of the room and Zendaya and the casting directors came up to,reassure you that you were doing fine. Somehow you had managed to get the part, but you felt like it was only out of pity.

— —

I saw all the signs and I ignored it

Rose-colored glasses all distorted

— —

You should've picked up on the signs. They were all over the place, to your left, right and straight in front of you. The countless times Tom would complain when you wouldn't wear the outfit he wanted, or telling you how ugly you looked that day, Tom asking for you to put in more makeup or just to leave him alone.