Overpopulated (Peter Parker)

A/N: Goodness the amount of times I say I'll finish the other series and don't is probably starting to get annoying, isn't it. I'll try to update more after the New Year. But for now please enjoy this strange story that I got the idea for off a Tik Tok Trend. Please don't really ask.

Word Count: 1622 words

Warnings: tears

—————————————

An overpopulated world. There were almost 13 billion people on the planet. The governments of the world had came up with their idea of a "solution". But their "solution" wasn't much of a solution. Their "solution" was that once every person reached the age of 18, a colored dot would appear on your hand. There were 4 colors that could possibly appear on your hand. Green meant you lived, Red meant you died. Yellow appeared on twins hands, and they had to decide who would die. A blue dot would appear if someone had given you their life. It was a very common things for siblings, boyfriends/girlfriends, and significant others to give people their lives.

The population was decreasing quickly. The population had already shrunk to 10 Billion in 4 months. If the government kept this up, they would kill almost the entire world. But they were too busy managing this whole process.

It was the night before the dreadful day, your 18th birthday. Peter Parker, your boyfriend was going to be spending the whole day with you. Peter had turned 18 five days ago, and everyone was freaking out. Everyone was at the Avengers tower. All the Avengers, Aunt May, Ned, MJ and you.

Peter was a mess and so were you. You were both trembling as the clock hit 12. Peter uncovered his left hand where a big green dot was shining. Relief flooded the room and everyone was celebrating. Ned and MJ had also received green dots.

Anyone who was already over the age of 18 before the project was initiated was allowed to live. So The Avengers, Aunt May and your parents were all safe.

You and Peter lie in bed cuddling. Peter had fallen fast asleep, but you were wide awake. You just couldn't sleep. It was one minute until you turned 18. You wanted more than anything for Peter to be holding you right now, but you just couldn't wake him up.

If you were given a red dot you knew Peter would give you his life in a second. But you couldn't do that. Peter's life was worth 100x your life. He helped people on a daily basis and saved so many innocent lives, you could not risk Peter giving you his life.

If you had gotten a red dot, you would die a week after you found out. You were prepared to give Peter your life if he got a red dot, but since he didn't you felt much better.

You quickly covered your left hand as the tears fell down your cheeks. Your whole body was trembling as you watched the clock change to midnight. You took a deep breath and uncovered your hand.

You nearly broke down right then and there at the sight of your red dot. You didn't want to die, but you had to do it to save Peter and possibly the world. Life without Peter just wouldn't be the same. The world needed him.

You quietly stood up and walked to the bathroom. You entered and closed the door behind you. You grabbed the concealer and the green marker you had placed there earlier just in case.

You shakily opened the concealer and placed it over your red dot, and blended it in as you cried. You carefully drew a perfect green circle on the center of your hand. You let more tears fall, until you finally decided to back in your room and wake Peter. You washed your face to make it look like you weren't crying.

You opened the door to the bathroom and walked back into your room. You put a fake smile on your face and woke Peter up.

"Peter," you said, "Wake up."