Episode 1

▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬

4 years later...

In an empty hallway of the hospital the lights flickered as the night took over the world. Silence cloaked the patients and the people staying with them.

In a room filled with the smell on antiseptic and medicine a sound resounded. A low moan cut through the atmosphere of the room and the eyes of the lifeless girl fluttered open.

They fell shut again as a pain shot through her mind. Her senses slowly started coming back with her ears being the first to hear, a loud beeping rung in her ear making her struggle to move against the restraints she felt against her limbs.

Her eyes rolled back and front multiple times as her breathing got even slowly. Blurry figures appeared in her line of vision as a sight of black and white.

Mummers sounded around her and she felt her sight fading Into darkness again as pain took over her body again.

The doctors examined her, took notes of her vitals and informed her family of her recovery. After four whole years Habib Agha Khan and Tabassum - his wife - took a breath of relief.

There was chance that their beloved daughter was going to wake up soon. They stood around her bed shedding years of gratitude as they gazed at her face that had regained some of it's colour. Her paper white lips now a shade of barely there pink.

Shahzain sat beside his sister's bed waiting for her to make a move, a sound, or anything that would make his day better. His eyes on his phone while his mind on high alert to detect even the slightest of movement in her body.

It was long after an hour that his eyes caught the sound of her shaky breath and his eyes widened. He gaze sat his sister who moved her head just the slightest with a frown settling between her brows. 

"Dua?" He involuntarily asked placing a gentle hand on her shoulder, she groaned almost inaudibly and her brown eyes fluttered open.

"Dua Bache?" She blinked hearing a frantic voice and feeling a hand on her cheek.
(Child)

"Who is it?"

She wanted to ask; she tried to speak but no voice came out of her throat, instead she coughed as her throat burned from trying to speak or say a single word.

Her eyes adjusted to her sight and she panicked. Her eyes widened and she tried to move away from the man looming over her but her body ached even more.

The heart monitor started going wild and Shahzain hurried to call the doctor. A woman and a man in white coat walked in with a couple of nurses and gave her medicines to calm her down.

The nurse helped her get easy in her bed and caressed her arm to calm her down a bit. Dua looked around with frantic eyes and tried to make to sense of her situation when an elderly couple walked in.

The woman broke down in tears and the man held her up against his chest watching his darling daughter stare back at him with bewilderment.

After she had visibly calmed down the doctors asked her questions she could hear perfectly fine but couldn’t speak.

"Miss" the lady doctor said slowly capturing her attention making her turn her head towards her.

Dua stared as the doctor asked her questions. She opened her mouth to say something but not even a single word escaped her tongue.

Her hand moved in frantic motions as she ran her fingers on her throat but her voice box refuse to voice out the thoughts her brain was juggling with her she failed.

After multiple tests it was discovered that her voice box and vocal cords were still quite damaged and that it would take long therapy sessions for them to work properly as before. Her memory was also effected by the fall and it would take her a long time for proper recovery.

".....And you were the one to smear the whole bowl of uptan on his shirt. I can't even tell you how angry he got and how much he yelled. God" Shahzain - who introduced himself as her brother - was telling her about someone named Raza.

She nodded not knowing what else to do as she munched on the piece of apple Myra - her elder sister - gave her.

"And you know this one time you snuck a stray puppy in the house and Mom got so mad" he exclaimed snapping his fingers and hurriedly scrolling through his phone.

"See" he almost yelled showing the picture of the puppy and her. She smiled feeling emotionally distant and looked away from his saddening gaze.

It was going to be a long ride for her and she felt ashamed that these people were putting so much effort in her and she didn't even remember them or what happened to push her in this situation.

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

It was long after her discharge that she now was able to walk, even if it was barely steady. She felt nice standing on her own two feet.

She had come back home with that family and had found herself secured in their company. Most times she would feel shivers run down her spine and fear would claw at her heart but there was nothing around her that would cause an anxiety attack.

The sheets on her bed rustled, her legs trembled and her fist clenched the silk between her fingers, her eyebrows scrunched together as pain shot through her body, it jerked, it twisted in horrid ways and a blood curling scream echoed off the walls of the her room.

Her throat burned and eyes blurred as the nightmare she witnessed reminded her of what she had been through.

Myra jerked up from her deep slumber and stared wide eyed at her sister who was screaming and crying her cowering back into a corner with her hands held before her form like a shield.

"Dua" Myra panicked as the lights of the room turned on and the family gathered in the room terrified.

"What happened to Dua?" Tabassum asked rushing towards her daughter but the terrified woman only cried harder and pushed herself away from her mother.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm sorry" Dua kept mumbling under her breath.

The family exchanged worried glances, none of them could reach her as she cried hysterically throwing her arms around and fighting her mother sister who tried to hold her down. Her eyes were closed shut and she shook her head vigorously.

"Shahzain bring her medicines" Habib ordered his son and the man nodded hurrying to her medical box.

Habib held on to her tightly and kept her head plastered to his chest while Shahzain injected the sedative in her system.

Dua slumped against her father's chest, her tears soaked his shirt, but most of all her tears felt like acid on his heart. The girl he raised with such care and delicacy was now completely broken and destroyed all because of the man who she loved.

Assalamualikum guyz this is my new book about a mute girl and her journey towards a better future hope you like it vote comment and share and if you want plz follow me also..

Love

Hafsa_tahir