Episode 16

Third person's POV
( Dua and Raza's nikkah)

The backyard/forest opening of the Khan residence was decorated for the occasion of Nikkah. Small gazebos were set for the guests. The bigger one was the stage. The mughal setup on the stage emitted royalty.

The stage that was a level lower than the actual stage was filled with maroon cushions with traditional golden embroidery on them.

The lower stage was divided by a flower curtain that separated the bride and groom.

The groom had arrived with his family and friends

The groom had arrived with his family and friends. He sat in the drawing room while his sisters helped his soon to be wife in getting ready.

Raza wore plain white shalwar qameez with his sleeves rolled up his muscles making an appearance. All the girls including his and Dua's cousins drooling over him.

Claded in a white lehenga with purple dupatta Dua Agha Khan looked the epitome of beauty. Her beauty was still magnetic to mans eye.

The couple had gathered in one house to start a new life

The couple had gathered in one house to start a new life. To be tied in a sacred bond of trust,love and purity but the complications that came with it made it seem horrible to many including Dua herself who was ready to sign the papers and seal her fate once again but this time without any expectations. This time she felt empty, no nervousness, no excitement, no shyness the only thing she felt was fear. The fear of being left alone in a desert without any hope.

Dua's POV

کہاں لا چھوڑا ہمیں تو نے زندگی
یہ کونسی نئ آزمائش ہے زندگی
لاحاصل سکون کی تلاش میں ہم
کتنی دور آگئے زندگی
پوچھا تو ہوتا مجھ سے ایک دفعہ
میں جینے کے سو فائدے
اور مرنے کے لاکھ طریقے بتادیتی
کہاں لا چھوڑا ہمیں تو نے زندگی
یہ کونسی نئ آزمائش ہے زندگی

(Where have you abandoned us life
What new challenge is this life
In search of unattainable peace
How far have we come
You could've asked me once
I would've told a hundred benefits of living
And a million ways to die
Where have you abandoned us life
What new challenge is this life)