Episode 38

Raza's POV

The sight of her burned skin was still plastered in my head. The nail scratch on my wrist wants me to believe whatever I saw was true and even if it was what can I do.

As far as I know she's been avoiding me. The whole breakfast she never once looked up. The only time she did was when Abba asked me whether we have planned a vacation or not. She didn't react as I thought she would but then again I don't even know how she would have reacted if the situation was different.

All day I couldn't work properly. The words of the little girl that had supposedly been haunting me roamed in my head. When I first saw her skin fully displayed to my sinful eyes my breath hitched.

"Ugh!!!! I can't focus" I banged my hand on my desk. My assistant Nimra flinched. She's always been the easily scared chick not that I care about it.

"Sir are you okay?" She asked in a concerned tone.

"Yeah. I am. Nimra take a look at everything and pack up. I'm going home" I said getting up. I stretched and rolled the sleeves of my white button up shirt. I picked up my black blazer, my phone, and laptop bag and left my office leaving nimra behind to lock the office and take care of the rest of the things.

"Though damaged but her skin was still the softest I've touched" I thought while walking out of the elevator.

"If only I would've pulled her in my embrace and feel her warmth underneath me" the discomfort in my black slacks was major. Just the thought of that much of her skin exposed to my eyes was a turn on how did I control myself the reason is unknown.

"You saw a major secret of hers and all you think about is her under you. Die with shame" my conscience scolded me.

The train of my thoughts went on and about every possibility if her burning her self accidentally but then what about the scars those places were really unusual for a person to harm there own selves especially on the back.

The shrill ringing of my phone brought me out of my thoughts and forced me to look at who was calling me.

"Damn this woman.." I said while answering the phone call.

"Where have you been huh? I was missing you so badly and yet again you ghosted me." Kashaf's high pitched voice filled my ear. For the past few days I haven't really met her and the Dua's silence had made me forget that this screeching human being still exists

"RAZA!!" She yelled when I didn't reply. To say I just went deaf for a while would be an understatement.

"WHAT?" I yelled.

"Don't yell at me. You weren't listening. Why have you been neglecting me? Is it because of that slutty wife of yours? Have you been sleeping with her? How could you cheat on me Raza?" Her voice broke at the end but reality kicked me hard. If kashaf thinks I'm cheating on her when she's the side chick how would Dua feel like when she finds out I've been fucking other girls behind her back.

"Are you even listening? Are you with that man stealing whore? You know what stay with her. I don't need you" she said and cut the call. Half of the things she said I didn't even listen to them.

I started the car and left the parking lot of my office building and started my journey to home.

***********************

After about twenty minutes I reached home. The short drive had tired me a lot or was it the hectic day at work. The sky was painted with hues of purple, orange and yellow. The blend of colours was magnificent. I stood there admiring the sight before me. The bird chirped happily calming my knotted nerves.