Episode 19

Razas POV

Where is she going. Has she gone deaf as well? its not like she's mute anyways. She started sobbing loudly. To sobs were doing something to my heart. What I don't want to know myself.

She silently kept on walking anfthen suddenly started laughing. Her voice breaking in the middle. The laugh gave away the pain. For what I don't know?

"Hahaha wah Dua wah kia naseeb hai tumhara. Logon ki ek baar nahi hoti tumhari dosri baar bhi hogaye. Us din mar jaati tu behtar hota. Is laik nahi ho tum ke saans le sako. Ya Allah jab mauqa tha tu bula lete mujhe. Kisliye rakha hua hai zinda jab me kisi kaam ki nahi. Baar baar Marne se tu acha hai us uske saath jal kat mar jaati. Woh aaj bhi sukoon me hai aur me... Me kahan kisi aur ke sar ka boojh ban gaye ho. Apni awaz tak keliye muhtaaj hona par gaya hai ab kia faida aisi zindagi ka." She said as she fell down on the muddy ground. Her feet were covered with mud but that doesn't see to bother her. Why is she being a drama queen saying all this stuff. She thinks she's the victim here. Hah such a good actress she is.

(Hahaha wow Dua wow what fate you have. People can't get married once and you got married twice. It would've been better if you would've died that day. Your not worthy enough to breath. Ya Allah when you had the chance you could've called me back. Why have you kept me alive when I'm not capable of anything. Being burnt to death along with her would've been better than Dying everysingle day all over again. He's out there enjoying life while here I am becoming a burden of another man. What's the pont of living when I have to be dependent on someone for my voice also.)

"Muhtaaj tu nahi ho. Jhooti ho. Tum kia samjhti ho ke gungi hona ka naatak karke tum bht maasoom ban jao gi. Tum boojh ho. Pehle apne baba ka thi, phir Kashan ka aut ab mera. Sharam nahi aati tumhe sab se jhoot bolke. Huh?? Kia samjhti ho khud ko tum." I said. Not being able to digest the fact that she can indeed talk. But as usual her voice is not an octave above a whisper. Her head snapped towards me at such speed that I feared she might have twisted her neck. She looked at me wide eyed scared that someone might have heard her. Too bad I did.

(You're not dependent. You're a lier. What do you think faking your muteness you can make yourself look innocent. You're a burden. First for you dad. Then kashan. And now mine.
Don't you feel any shame when you lie to your family. What do you think of yourself)

"Kia dekh rahi ho. Dar lag raha ke kahen me kisi ko bata na do ke uncle aur aunty ki masoom beti kitni chalak hai." I further added mockingly. I grabbed her arm and pulled her towards me harshfully not caring if I hurt her or not.

(What are you looking at. Are you scared that I'll tell your family that their innocent daughter is soo wicked).

After a while I let go of her arm pushing her away but she ended up falling on the ground. I turned around to leave but stopped to tell her where she belonged.

"Don't expect anything from me I will treat like a burden. Or perhaps a slave if I want. Don't have any high hopes" I stopped and turned around to face her.

"Umeed tu tab lagaye jaye na Raza sahab. Jab umeed bachi ho. Fikar mat karen aapse mujhe kuch nahi chahiye." She said giving me a smile that hid more than just her pain. Without waiting for an answer she walked past me toward the house.

(Expectations are raised Mr Raza when there's hope left. Don't worry I don't want anything in return)

***************

I walked after her puzzled. She went into the gazebo and took her heels and then walked in the opposite direction of the main gate. I followed her not being able to handle all that had happened. She walked towards a smaller and simpler door. Before entering she opened the tap near the door and lift her foot to wash it. Only now I realize that she just walked through the woods without shoes and as expected her feet were all bloody and messed up. For some one who just got pricked that much she didn't show a sign of pain. The water washed away the mud and blood. Leaving behind milky white skin and pink blushing soles. The silver anklet jingled when she moved her foot a little.

"Paaon tu mere khoon aloda hain aap yahan khare kia dekh rahe hain?" She asked not even looking at me. Drying her feet on the towel like mat she turned to look at me.

(The feet that are bloodied are mine. What are you doing standing here?)

Again before I could answer or even say something. She opened the door and went in signing for me to follow her.

"I'm still amused that you choose to keep your own family in dark" I said while walking through the silent hallways. The only sound I could hear was the jingling of her Payal (anklet) and my question echoing back. I got no answer in return.

"Why are you even pretending. You know that I know you could talk then what's the issue. Quit acting already!" I said loudly.

Again she ignored me and turned a corner. There we're stairs that lead somewhere. She started ascending the stairs with me trailing behind. A few minute later she again opened a door. That lead to her portion. The house was fully lit but not much because of the grey clouds. The rain drops sliding against the glass Windows. She walked to her room. Her dress leaving water droplets behind her. Before she could close the door I forced my self in her room and slammed her against the now close door. She hissed in pain but didn't say anything.

"KIA JATANA CHA RAHI HO HUH? BATAO. JAB BOL SAKTI THI TU MUJH PER SHAADI SE MANA KARKE YEH EHSAAN KION NAHI KIA. BAAP AUR BHAI TU TUMHARE ITNI AMEER HAIN. KIA ABHI BHI PAISON KI HAWAS HAI. LALCHI AURAT. PEHLE TU SHAYAD ME TUMHARE GONGE HONE KI WAJAH SE CHOR DETA MAGAR AB.... WAIT AND WATCH MISS DUA. I'LL MAKE YOUR LIFE A HELL. YOU'LL REGRET MARRYING ME. REMEBER THIS."

(WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SHOW HUH? TELL ME. WHEN YOU COULD'VE SAID NO THIS MARRIAGE AND FREED ME THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU DO IT. YOUR DAD AND BROTHER ARE RICH ENOUGH BUT YOU'RE STILL HUNGRY FOR MONEY. BLOODY GOLD DIGGER. AT FIRST I WOULD'VE BEEN EASY ON YOU BUT NOW... WAIT AND WATCH. MISS DUA I'LL MAKE YOUR LIFE A HELL. YOU'LL REGRET MARRYING ME. REMEMBER THIS.)

I yelled at her. Play mute all you want I'll make you scream with me frustration. I'll make you want to speak but then you won't be able to.

She kept on looking at me with those lifeless and dead honey brown eyes.

One look in her eyes and I could feel goosebumps rising all over my body. The cold was nothing in compared to her cold and lifeless expression.

"All the best." Was all she said before disappearing in her closet.

She came back out with a pair of sweats and a t-shirt. Before I could ask who these belongs to. She again disappeared in her closet.

Not being able to wrap my head around her open permission of torturing her. When she didn't come out for a while I left her room to go to the same room I stayed at the day of pur engagement.

What's going on in her head... I said while I went to the bathroom to change.

Assalamualikum guys here's another update hope you enjoy it
Please comment along with votes. Writing gets so much more fun when you guys comments.

Love
Hafsatahir58