8

HE’S MINE, NO OBJECTIONS ALLOWED CHAPTER 8

Chapter 8, I wish to ride in your car

After seeing the message, Su Yi was silent for almost a minute.

To the side, Wu Xue turned her head and said, “These few days just stay at home and rest, if you’re going out remember to tell An Xuan to go with you.”

An Xuan nodded from the driver’s seat, “Yeah, I’ll be there whenever you call!”

There was no response.

Wu Xue said, “What are you daydreaming about?”

Su Yi came back to her senses, her lips quirking without her control. “Nothing.”

“Your smile is almost splitting your face,” Wu Xue said. “Cut it out.”

Just when she finished speaking, her phone rang.

She glanced at the call notice and picked it up immediately. “Little Chen, how’s it going, any news?”

“What?!”

“What happened with that scriptwriter, didn’t he decide on Su Yi?”

Wu Xue said a few more sentences before angrily hanging up.

“What happened?”

Wu Xue cursed. “The role for ‘Undercurrent’ has been decided.”

Su Yi sent a cute and adorable emoji to Chu Ying, coldly saying, “Tu Jinglan?”

Wu Xue said, “Yeah, what’s with that, when I checked a while ago that role should have been yours.”

“It’s alright,” Su Yi said uncaringly. “It’s no problem, was the casting for the other script decided on?”

“I don’t think so, let me make a call and check.” Wu Xue hugged her chest, looking angrier than Su Yi was. “This isn’t right. An Xuan, drop me off at the next crossing, I need to go back to the company and check this out.”

Wu Xue got off the car overbearingly.

An Xuan started the car again, it was only a small distance away when the person sitting at the backseat spoke up.

“An Xuan, call it a day today, go home.” Su Yi put her phone back in her bag. “I can drive myself home.”

An Xuan was a little dumbfounded. “It’s no problem, I can send you.”

Su Yi’s hand was already on the door handle. “Stop the car.”

An Xuan got off the car and stood by the road watching the black Jaguar start up again, appearing ready to leave.

It didn’t get more than a few metres away before it stopped.

The door opened, Su Yi pushed aside her fringe as she went to the trunk and swiftly changed into her sneakers.

Su Yi had long legs, so even changing her shoes attracted plenty of attention. A few even recognized her, bringing out their phones to take photos.

An Xuan hadn’t reached the bus stop when she received a call from Wu Xue.

Wu Xue said, “…I have only left for barely ten minutes, why are there photos of Su Yi changing her shoes on the streets on Weibo?”

“…”

Su Yi didn’t usually drive. It wasn’t because she was too lazy to do so, it was because Wu Xue didn’t let her – she was of the belief that it was troublesome for celebrities to drive, if they accidentally scraped something it’d become some news somewhere.