Chapter 10

"Anyway, from what I see, this world is in good hands, so I guess we'll leave now."

With that, Zeth held Helen's hands and flew away, however, "Wait!" The queen called out to them, Zeth stops and turn his head, facing the queen.

The queen steps forward, "Please, allow me to come with you. I don't want to stay at this world until the day I die. I also wanted to see the human world after a century."

Before Zeth have the chance to answer, Helen appeared in front of the queen and said, "If you follow us, what can you do? You are weaker than us, your pride as a queen won't allow you to serve us, there is nothing that we can gain by allowing you to come with us."

The queen gritted her teeth, what Helen said was the truth. They are stronger than her, and she would rather die than to serve someone even if that someone can kill her without even trying.

What can she do? Become her wife? Ha! Fat chance! She has no interest on such things, she had never found someone worthy of her love, she searched for many years yet ends up empty handed.

Then, she eventually gave up, and decided that, there is no one worthy of her love and lose interest on such thing as love and dedicated her whole life in training.

She trained and trained until she finally gets to where she is now, she even obtain a special skill that allows her to use all sorts of weapon immediately at master level.

"Now, tell me, Queen of the land of shadows, what can you offer, that will make us accept you."

The queen thought for a moment, and then decided to swallow a whole lot of her pride and said, "T-Then, please accept this one as your disciple."

There she said it! Even though her pride is too big to allow her to be under someone's tutelage, her curiousity and the fact that she misses the human world, completely overshadowed her pride.

Helen smiled slyly and replied, "And, pray tell, what made you think that we will accept you as a disciple?"

The queen has no words of comeback, she stayed silent. She has nothing to offer, and even being their disciple is only at her favor, while these two receives nothing.

If the two of them were to refuse, then there is nothing that she could do but stay here at the land of shadows, and rot away, forgotten through the passage of time.

"Just let her come with us, Helen."

"Okay~ I actually don't mind, after all I quite like her."

'Helen?' The queen thought, she remembered a century ago, when she was still training and still wasn't crowned as the queen, that there is a princess who could rival her beauty.

She caused three to four empires to wage war with each other with just her beauty. That war was also the cause of the downfall of those powerful empires.

However, it is said that no one from the three empires are able to marry her because she was taken by a man wearing a cloak.

She wondered if this is the same Helen as the one from a hundred years ago.

"Excuse me but, are you 'that' Helen from a hundred years ago? The one that said to cause the downfall of power empires with her beauty alone."

"Oh my? Ah, my beloved said that you are trapped in her for at least a century, so you are someone from the same generation as me?

Hmm~ I remember that there is someone named Sca-something who said to have master all types of weapons and have a beauty enough to trample over an empire, was that perhaps you?"

"Yes, my name is Scathach. It was nice to meet you, princess Helen."

"Fufufu~ My kingdom fell long ago, I am no longer a princess. Even if it were still standing, I already ran away, and threw my status as a princess."

"Even so, before I became a queen, I was still a knight, so let me at least do this."

"Fufu~ Do what you want."

Zeth was staring st the two of them talking to each other like old friends, while just a few minutes ago, they were enemies and Helen was even planning on killing this queen.

He sighed, and thought that even after living since the Jurassic period, he still have no idea what the creatures called woman are thinking.