Chapter 8: Tests

Ara Aoki POV
I am finally going to start magic school, I am already 12. I changed quite a bit since when I was younger. I am much more distant to those around me. Not much point in having friends, always betraying you. I don't act as childish as I used to, I act freely only around those I trust. Aside from them people view me as cold and mysterious.

Me and Alexander are like rivals. We got older we got much more competitive. When we were at the palace playing games I had beat him. From then on he declared we were rivals.

We created a competition over even small things. But this did help us bond and bring us closer to each other. We always have sword fights which I always lose in but the competition I always when it comes to the academic aspect. These small tournaments are fun but I don't show it in my face.

Atherton acts like an older brother to me and we have quite a few political discussions and inputting our opinions and thoughts. We can also get quite immersed in our arguments. This has helped me learn a lot a out this country and finances along with much more.

Lily always drags me out to have a picnic or dress up even when I don't want to. She somehow manages to persuade me, more like forcefully makes me. Lily can be quite scary when you don't comply with her. Even though she does all of this she is a great friend overall, just has some minor problems.

Ruki is very quiet but does help me out a lot. He helps me with sword training and physical excersise since I'm not the best at it. Also aids me in the kitchen and so on.

I also have a little secret other then my powers. I had gained a title called 'Night of Darkness', I think I might have got it from some incidents that all occured at night.

Anyways, today we are getting our attributes tested today, I do wonder what elements my friends possess. I already know mine so I don't care to much about it.

I've been having to practice my magic in secret. I have only every used my ice magic and that was an emergency. There are quite a lot of magic books in the library inside of my house.

Everyone who want to apply to the academy I am currently heading too had to take an evaluation to see if you are strong and smart enough to be permitted in.

Usually you would have to take a test to be able to even allow to evaluate your power but I was able to skip that step as Atherton had helped me skip that process.

The magic school we are going to is quite rebound due to having not only the best education in the kingdom but most successful magicians and so on. I'm not particularly fond of these types of schools as many people like to flaunt the wealth or talents.

There are different classes into the academy. Class A for the smartest kids and people who have amazing magic potential and skill. Class B, C, D and lastly E. E is the lowest class a person could be in but still good. This is where most commoners go.

I descend down the stairs and greet Ruki, we both eat breakfast in silence and head off to the carriage. Ruki has grown and matured at a rapid pace which makes me proud of him.

I'm not really excited to go to school since I kinda have a notorious reputation. People call me the 'reincarnated devil' or 'Demon slayer' it's quite weird. Well it might have happend due to an event that had occured at the palace.

~Flashback~
Me and Ruki were visiting the palace as they had invited us for lunch. We walked through the large corridors weaving our way through until we finally reached our destination which was the dining room.

Suddenly an explosion could be heard, screams of terror could easily be heard. Sounds of heavy footsteps could be heard, knights and magicians were heading towards the explosion.