Chapter 22: Shattered

Ara Aoki POV

When I heard the announcer say who I was versing next I started to feel a little nervous. It was Rosella, god what bad luck I have.

I look over to her and see her give me the biggest grin. I really want to defeat her. Okay getting angry won't help me at all. Take a deep breath, I have my friends here for me. I've already been through a lot.

I take a step onto arena but before I did Lily and the rest of them say "Remember were here for you. Just try your best." I smile warmly and thank them. Maybe my luck isn't so bad.

Rosella looks at me and mouths some word I can't here. But I think i know what she said, and it wasn't nice at all. She smirks and starts chanting softly. The round hasn't even begun yet, what a cheater.

The second the gong was hit a blast of light hit me. I unable to block it since i didn't have enough time to cast a shield.

It hit my chest harshly, I hit the ground harshly. I quickly cast ice magic and attack her, this was to by me some time. She used light magic against me. it's my weakness. Her attacks hurt a lot. Darkness is her weakness but I can't expose my power, this is frustrating.

She continues barraging me with multiple light shots. They were slow and inaccurate so I was able to avoid each one. Rosella looked really pissed off. Did she think I wasn't going to dodge her attacks and take it head on.

Rosella then suddenly shoot a beam of light at me. I managed to dodge but still got hit. My armed started to burn, why does it sting. Is it because the ligjt magic, am i really cursed. I'm so cursed, god said i got a blessing but now I'm confused. Well it doesn't matter, I have to stay focused.

I need to chant a spell, but it'll take a while to do

I need to chant a spell, but it'll take a while to do. I need to trap her in a domain, like a prison. But not one that is weak and can easily be broken. Something that is strong and durable providing me enough time to so what I need. I suddenly think of a spell to use, its consumes a large amount of mana but that's fine for me as i have a plentiful amount of it. I suddenly trap her, the good thing about this spell is that it is quick to deploy but just consumes a lot of mana.

 I suddenly trap her, the good thing about this spell is that it is quick to deploy but just consumes a lot of mana