Chapter 20: Final Round

Ara Aoki POV

Slowly I tried to get up but quickly realized how futile it was when I had to bite my lip to keep from crying out. Sharp pain lanced through my head and colorful spots flashed in front of my eyes, it felt like my whole body had been beaten and every movement caused some muscle or bone to ache. Regardless, I needed to get out of here...away from those things.

Wincing In pain I started to grab the corners of desks and at the cracks in the tile to help me pull myself way. Suddenly I was just pushed back down onto the bed. My eyes shift upwards to where all my friends were looming over me.

I try to sit up again but start coughing. I hear a panicked voice,

"You should lay back down. Take it easy you were seriously injured." I could immediately tell it was Lily.

She came rushing over to me and embraced me in a bone crushing hug. I start coughing again she says in a sheepish voice she was sorry.

But suddenly she burst into tears. My face change fatigue to worry. Although I may not necessarily show it I worry about her, after all she is my best friend.

I beacon her to come closer, which she did. I envelop her in a warm hug to comfort her and rub her back soothingly. I wrap my arms around her waist, feeling her calm down instantly at my touch. I rub the tears away with my fingers and started rocking back and forth. Soon her silent hiccups could be heard.  

"Sorry Lily, I didn't mean to worry you. See I'm already alright. No need to worry." She starts punching my chest softly as more tears feel down her cheek. 

She let out a heart wrenching wail, that was followed by a series of blatant tears. He cries continued on as if letting out her pent up frustration.

She says almost screaming "You stupid stupid idiot why are apologizing you did nothing wrong. You stupid idiotic bastard who is my best friend, you know how much I care and worry about you. Why are you always like this and keep your problems to yourself, now look at you. Hurt in bed. Even though your the strongest person I know. Why don't you tell us anything were your friends and you can trust us."

----------------------

A single tear slid down from his warm, butterscotch eyes, followed by another one, and another one, until soon, a steady stream of salty tears flowed it's way down his pale cheek, releasing the sadness and sorrow that has been held inside of him for all this time but still he did not make a sound. He turned his face to avoid their eyes and looked out the window. Closing his eyes enjoying the peace, he simply let the tears fall not bothering to wipe the away.

He looked up and his breath caught in his throat. The overcast sky was streaked by brilliant orange, the sinking sun giving a new light to the dull landscape. The skyscrapers no longer seemed so ominous, their foreboding aura giving way to a sense of hope. His lips curved into a small smile.

Sunlight paints Ara's lips red and hair ebony; it plays over his clothes, alighting softly on his skin. Sunlight gives his eyes just the right glimmer as he drops them to his shoes.

His piecing yet softened eyes turned back to the group of people who stare in silent awe.

His lips opened up as he uttered soft unspoken words,

"I do....but it is simply not the time. And it is troublesome, it is something I alone need to deal with."

"What do you mean?" Lily inquires as she cried into he brothers arsm.

Ikarous says in an upset voice,

"We have never found you troublesome. You've always been here for us when we needed somebody. So why just why won't you tell us anything?"