Chapter 23: His Saviour

Shameless author plug in- Pss please read my new story "The ultimate guide to (not) being a (incubus) villan. Now onto the long awaited chap!

I wake suddenly, every thought in high definition. Though my eyes are open I can't think of why; my heart is pounding, mind empty. It's as if a hypodermic of adrenaline has been emptied into my carotid. My eyes take in every ray of light and without a doubt I know I've slept too long. The noises are of a day in full swing, the sound of wind rushing past my ears.

A nudge to my ribs makes me jerk to see a masked face. How long was I out? I really hope it wasn't long. 

'It seems your awake, how are you feeling? They nearly got you, my love."

A deep velvety voice whispers into my ears, a shiver is sent down my spine. My eyes adverts upwards towards a pair of blood red ones. They shimmered like rubies beneath the sunlight. I jerk forward to only feel pain shoot through me. I groan in pain, taking shaky breaths.

"Careful dear. The injuries have no fully healed yet."

I stare at this mysterious man who seemed to swoop me away from danger like prince charming. There was something devilishly charming about him, something I can't help but feel attracted too.

"Do I perhaps know you?"

I heard a soft sigh from the male carrying me metres off the ground. I felt to secure in his arms that I couldn't help but lean in. I listened to his steady heart beat. His voice brings me back from my daze.

"It seems like you have forgotten. Seems like you have forgotten over these years. But not problem, you shall know soon. You may address me as however you like. But I am known as Rory Zyrian."

Sounds awfully familiar

.

.

.

Oh now I remember

He's the demon king

But to be honest he seems a lot more gentle then what people perceive him in the novel. I should really not have learnt to judge people by their cover. I smile gently towards, he seemed slightly taken back.

"Pleasure to meet you. You may know me as Ara Aoki. Thank you."

I could feel his grip on me slightly tighten, as if afraid I might disappear.

"I am only repaying what I owe."

We stay in a comfortable silence, enjoying each other's warmth and present.

I stare off into the distance. Seeing large infrastructure in the distance.

The castle walls are the only thing I could see for miles around, yet when I look carefully I notice the stones. It is built of stones of varying sizes and shapes, each one unique. From a distance it is uniform grey, from up close it is a mosaic of humble rocks, each of them nobody would think anything of were they loose by the roadside. But together they are a castle, the crown of the landscape and protector of ancient peoples.

My eyes look below me as we were nearing the kingdom. There were races of all sorts slowly heading towards the prosperous kingdom. Some were in carts probably delivering goods. While others seem to be wanting a fresh new start. The people seem to be living harmiinously, definitely different then how others would think. The laughter of children and adults alike greeted me ear.

"Welcome to my kingdom, 'Pluturo', which I consider my beloved home. I oneday hope all my people will be able to live happily."

"With a king like you, I'm sure it will come true."