Chapter 6: Training

Ara Aoki POV

My training course is going to intensify today. I'm not strong enough. The strong and wealthy rule over the poor amd weak.

Edgard is training me today in swordsmanship and magic. I may have op stats but what is the point of it if I can't even utilise it.

I was going to train in a meadow close by. The eden-green and thigh-high grass swayed gently in the spring breeze. A mountain could be seen in the distance, towering over the meadow.

The meadow looked as if it would go on forever. The clear baby blue sky was adorned with fluffy white clouds. A river flowed through the meadow. It glistened in the sunlight and was so clear that its reflection was like a mirror.

Butterflies and bees flew across the sky in search of food. Colorful flowers were scattered across the field. Well enough of admiring the scenery I better get to training.

Edgard was in his fairy form, we were both using wooden swords. I charged toward him to only be easily deflected and bashed to the ground. I was determined to improve my skills that were lacking.

I continuously charge at him for only the same result to occur. "Stop charging at me recklessly and use your brain. It isn't all about strength. Be strategic, your forte isn't brute strength."

I need a different approach if I want to land a scratch on him. My strength is speed I'll use that to my advantage. We aren't using magic because i want to train just my physical strength.

This time I bolt towards him, as I am about to hit him I feigned my attack. I took him by surprise and go behind him hitting him on the neck. Even though I surprised him he still defeated me.

I flop onto the soft green grass. My face was flushed and sweat trickled down my forehead. My chest heaved up and down. I was exhausted. I look at my body that was littered with bruises. My whole body was sore and aching. I close my eyes letting the wind cool my sweating body.

It's still day, the sun shone high in the sky. Making me sweat more as the suns scorching rays shined on me. I wipe my sweat with a cloth ready for more training.

Next was magic practice. I was barraged with magic attacks, I had to either dodge, deflect it or block. The ice shield I made instantly turn into a puddle of water. I guess I casted it wrong.

I fell to the floor but had to pick my aching body back up. My breathing was unstable and I felt a little light headed. Edgard looked worried, his eyes brows were knitted and he had a tight-lipped smile. I told him to keep going and do it more harsher.

The vines he created lashed at me ruthlessly, I winced in pain everytime I was hit. Using a ice sword that was created by me was use to cut them down. Swinging it carelessly did slice through some vines but not many. I gritting my teeth, enduring the pain. There must be a better way to deal with this.

Using fire magic would burn it but you need to think about the surroundings we are in. I could easily set fire to the whole meadow as I still am not skilled at using it yet.

The vines wrapped around my body until I could no linger escape. It was my lost yet again. Why can't I just get the hang of magic. I was a genius in my last life but I am dumb in this life. Goes to show you to not be so arrogant in yourself.

Edgard heals some of my injuries, I tell him to do another round. As he was about or refuse I glare at him. He sighs in defeat and we go again.

I flew across the field, my back slamming against a tree trunk. I cough put some blood. I quickly get back up and dash towards him. My last desperate attempt to beat him.

I keep losing again and again. I try to change my strategies but they don't work on him. Edgard sigh and pinches his temples. "You are improving. Whenever you think your going to lose you act recklessly. Stay calm and don't panick. You could easily die from those mistakes. I believe we should head back for today we shall continue tomorrow."

I gulp down a bottle of icy cold water and tell him to keep training. I look at him determined eyes. His lips turned down and he his brows wrinkled. Edgard nods while pushing up his spectacles. "I won't go easy on you. It will only get harder from here."

We trained well into the night. Using the darkness to my advantage I manage to land a few blows on Edgard before I was defeated.

I was panting, I put my shaking hands on my knees. I look up at the night sky that was littered with many stars. I collapse to the floor. My body can no longer move. I dozed off into sleep before I even knew it.

My eyes fluttered open. My whole body was aching so badly. I have more of that strenuous training today. I drag my body out of bed and brush my teeth before going to grab a quick breakfast.

After I finish eating I go back to the meadow. This continues for a few months.

~Timeskip~
I think I'll be able to defeat Edgard today. My whole body aches but I'm used to it. I did pull a muscle and break some bones before which hurt a lot.

The end of the day was nearing and I think I have a strategy to beat him. I create a dark fog so he couldn't see me and surprise attack him. I then dive my wooden sword at him, I think I got him. My eyes sparkle in delight.

My hope was crushed in an instant as i was slammed to the ground. "You were to confident, you could have won but you ignorance is what made you lose."

I sigh in fustration at the defeat. I was so close, at least I know now not to be overconfident. I continued to train everyday until my whole body ached. Everynight I would read books to increase my knowledge of magic amd this world.

My magic capabilities soon surpassed Edgard but I can't say the same for my physical strength. I do train with Ruki sometimes but he has his own instructor plus I don't want to disturb him. Even though he wouldn't mind.

I flop on my large soft bed that had a beautifully carved wooden frame. My room was dead quiet, even a dropping pin could be heard. All that could be heard was my slow and steady breaths. I enjoy the silence, without realising I fall asleep. I did want to read a book but I guess I can do that another day.