Chapter 2

After I had dressed I walked to Ms. Goode's office and knocked on the door. “Come in” she said loudly and I opened the door. She sat at her desk and wrote something on her computer, but when I walked inside the room she looked up and smiled at me. She had a beautiful smile and I returned it, blushing lightly. “Hey (Y/N), let's talk.” She motioned for me to sit down and I took the seat in front of her desk. “So, tell me. How is your first day at our school?” Ms. Goode asked me and locked eyes. I hummed and said “Oh it was good, even the little accident in the bathroom.” Ms. Goode blushed and murmured “I'm still so sorry.” “It's okay Ms. Goode” I smiled at her. “You know, you can call me Cordelia. Ms. Goode was my mother and I'm nothing like her.” My smile grew and I thanked her. “Cordelia” I whispered more to me, as to her. She smiled and asked if I wanted to know anything. I shook my head and she looked at her computer. “So you can read minds, correct?” she asked and I nodded. “How strong is your power? Can you control it?” Cordelia was a little bit nervous and I wondered why, but then it clicked.

“Yeah I can control it, I didn't read your mind in the bathroom, if that's what makes you nervous.” I smirked at her and let a deep breath out. “To be honest, that's really what made me nervous, but I didn't thought anything bad. Promise” she said and her cheeks reddened. “You don't need to say anything else. I learned early to not read the minds of others, if it isn't important” I told her and smiled. “Why is that?” Cordelia leaned forward a little bit and studied me. I thought about the moment, I decided to control my ability. “Hmm, it's a long time ago. I know you think probably that I read my mother's mind to get to know what my presents for Christmas are, but no it wasn't like that. It was at a party for my father's birthday and some friends were there. There was this man and I could hear his mind clearly next to me. He was eyeing me and thought about my body. I was 12. My parents already knew about my power and I told my mom what this man thought about me and well, let's just say the day ended really horrible” I told Cordelia and looked at my hands the whole time.

I didn't even noticed that she had stood up and was next to me. She took my hands and I looked up, surprised by her move. “But it was good that you heard this, otherwise something really bad could have happened to you.” I smiled lightly at her and whispered “I know. But this day, my parents lost a friend and it's my fault.” I looked down again and Cordelia put a finger under my chin and lifted it up. “You did the right thing, believe me.” Her touch made me nervous and I saw her biting her lip and that was the only thing I could concentrate on. Her lips were moving, but I couldn't hear anything. Cordelia's hand landed on my cheek and that pulled me out of my dreamlike state. “What?” I asked and she laughed. It was a beautiful sound and she repeated what she said “I asked if you want to see your new home?” “Oh yes, please. That would be nice.” My cheeks reddened and I felt a little bit embarrassed that I got so lost in her. Cordelia stood up and pulled me with her. “Okay let's go” she said enthusiastic and walked out of her office. I followed her and listened to what she said.