Chapter 11

Cordelia looked after me and began to cry again. “Then it's my task to make you fall in love with me again” she whispered to herself and laid down in her bed and hugged one of her pillows. She fell asleep because of the crying and in the room next to hers, was me who couldn't fall asleep.

My heart ached when I heard Cordelia crying and when it stopped I felt the need to vomit. I felt so guilty and somehow I regretted my decision that I drank the potion. I flushed the toilet and brushed my teeth. A sigh escaped my lips and I opened Cordelia's door quietly. She laid in her bed and was asleep, but I saw how she turned back and forth. It was a restless sleep and I walked up to her bed. I laid my hand on her cheek and whispered “Calm down Cordelia, everything is okay. You need your sleep.” I felt electricity shoot through my hand and suddenly Cordelia laid still and took a deep breath. Some strands had fallen into her face and I pushed them away. “You're still the most beautiful woman I have ever seen” I whispered to her and walked back to my room to get some sleep. When I laid down in my bed, sleep came almost immediately.

The next morning when I woke up, I felt pain in my back and stood up to stretch it. Someone knocked on my door and I said “Who is it?” “Cordelia” she whispered, but I still heard her. “Come in” I said and opened my closet. Cordelia came inside and looked at me. “Can we talk?” I turned around and looked at her. She looked better than yesterday and I nodded. Cordelia sat down on my bed and said “Were you in my room last night?” I coughed and tried to ignore her question, but she said “Please, talk to me.” My shoulders dropped and I turned around. “Yes” I whispered and saw Cordelia smile. “Why are you smiling?” “I couldn't sleep and heard someone enter my room, then I felt warmth spread through my body and the words which were spoken I couldn't make out anymore, because I fell asleep” Cordelia told me and I sat next to her on my bed. She grabbed my hand and whispered “Thank you.” “You're welcome Cordelia” I smiled at her and she laid her hand on my cheek. “I like it when you say my name” she said and blushed. “And I think you're beautiful Cordelia” I whispered back and looked down. “What can I do to make you fall in love with me again?” she asked me and her gaze saddened. I pulled my hand away and sighed. “I don't know, Delia.” She had tears in her eyes again and I quickly laid my hands on her face. “Don't cry, please. Just be yourself. You are so wonderful and gorgeous” I said and wiped the tears away. Cordelia closed the gap between us and kissed me.