Chapter 5

I wiped the tears from my cheeks and stood up. I took a deep breath and opened the door. The way to the dining room, wasn't far away, but it seems like I needed an eternity to reach it. Zoe came out of her room and joined me. “Hey you” she said and I smiled at her. “Hey.” “Everything okay?” she asked me and I looked at her. “Yeah, everything is fine, why do you ask?” Zoe shrugged with her shoulders and linked her arm through mine. “I don't know. It looked like, you don't like Cordelia much.” I hummed, but didn't said anything. We kept walking and reached the door. I opened it for Zoe and let her walk in first.

The other girls were already there, even Cordelia and her eyes landed on me. Zoe grabbed my arm and pulled me with her, towards my seat. “Come on, don't stand there. Sit down” Zoe said laughing and I laughed too. Cordelia narrowed her eyes and kept watching us the whole time. It was good to have Zoe at my side, she makes me laugh and I could forget my feelings for Cordelia, but the problem was, I could feel her intense gaze. She was looking at us, all the time. When I finished with eating, I stood up and said “I will go to the greenhouse,” and looked at Cordelia quickly. “I want to be alone” I said in my mind and Cordelia nodded with a sad look on her face.

I know that the greenhouse, was normally her safe place, but I really wanted to learn a few things before school starts for me tomorrow. I walked the way to the greenhouse and thought about something I could do. Maybe a potion or something like that. I remembered that I saw some books lying around when Cordelia showed me the greenhouse. After I arrived, I pushed the door open and walked inside. There was this atmosphere, which instantly calmed me down. I took a deep breath and walked to the big table and looked at the books. There really was a book with potions and I decided to make just an easy potion.

I don't know how much time had passed, but I was still in the middle of doing some potions when someone touched my shoulder. I screamed, turned around quickly and something new happened. I had a flame in my hand and the one who touched me gasped. Of course it would be her.