Chapter 9

I walked to the greenhouse and took a deep breath. When I was inside I sat on the same seat like yesterday and waited for the others. Cordelia came before all the girls and when she saw me, she came directly to me. She opened her mouth, but I held my hand up. “No, don't. I don't want to hear anything, just let me alone Ms. Goode” I said to her and turned away. Cordelia let out a deep breath and shook her head. “One Day you need to talk to me. You can't keep doing this (Y/N)” Cordelia said and touched my shoulder. I flinched at her touch and she drew back. “Sorry” she whispered and stepped away after the other girls entered the greenhouse.

After a few minutes, when everyone has sat down Cordelia coughed to get our attention. “Okay girls, today you choose a simple potion from your book and try to make it. You have two hours and in the end you have to test it yourself, so choose carefully” she announced and the girls started immediately. I already knew which potion I would make. It was the one for unwanted feelings, but I didn't wanted to tell Cordelia that. The two hours flew by like nothing and Cordelia shouted “Okay everyone, you should finish now.” My potion was already finished and I smiled lightly. “I hope it will work” I whispered to myself and looked up for the first time since the start of the lesson. Cordelia checked every potion and every time the girl had to drink her potion. When she came to me, she narrowed her eyes and looked at me. “What did you do?” She whispered to me. “You know, which one it is” I whispered back and grabbed the bottle. “NO!” Cordelia screamed and wanted to take the bottle from my hand, but I was quicker. I swallowed the potion and Cordelia had tears streaming down her cheeks.

“What did you do?” she whispered and I looked at her. I looked at her and felt nothing for her. “It worked” I said loudly and the girls asked which potion I made, but before I could answer Cordelia said loudly “Class dismissed!” No one stood up and she screamed “OUT!” They all gathered their stuff and ran out of the greenhouse. Zoe and Queenie walked into the greenhouse and asked what had happened. “(Y/N) made a potion for unwanted feelings” Cordelia told them and grabbed my chin and looked into my eyes. “What? Why?” Zoe asked and Queenie said “Maybe she met a boy who broke her heart.” “No, it wasn't a boy” Cordelia sighed. Queenie laughed and Zoe asked “Who was it?” Cordelia was quiet for a second and then whispered “Me.”