Chapter 23

“Hey (Y/N)” Zoe yelled after me as I walked through the hallway to the greenhouse. It was just after her class and I walked to the next one. Cordelia's lesson was next, but Zoe stopped me. She reached me and grabbed my elbow. “What do you want Zoe?” I asked her and pulled my elbow away. “I wanted to talk to you, just for a few minutes. Please (Y/N).” My arms crossed over my chest and I took a deep breath. “5 minutes, I have to go to Cordelia's lesson” I said to her and waited. “Cordelia is not good for you. She will break your heart. You know she has to die someday for the next Supreme and I think it already started.” My eyes narrowed and I asked her what she meant. “She's getting weaker and I think you noticed it too. The next Supreme is rising and I think I already know which one it is” Zoe told me and I was more confused than ever. “I need to talk with Cordelia about it and don't ever dare to say she's not good for me again. You have no right to say such things” I said angry and stormed to the greenhouse.

Cordelia and some other witches were already there when I stormed through the door. They all turned quickly around to me with wide eyes and I snapped at them “What?” Cordelia came to me and touched my shoulder. Just being touched by her calmed me down instantly and she looked into my eyes. “What's wrong?” she asked quietly, but I shook my head. “Not now” I whispered and went to my place.  Cordelia waited for the last girls to arrive and than started with her lesson. She showed us an healing potion for heavy wounds, but I didn't listen to her. Zoe's words were constantly on my mind and I couldn't stop thinking about it. Cordelia looked at me worried, because it wasn't weird that I wasn't working, even not listening to her.

After a few minutes she came to me and touched my shoulder. Her hand wandered up to my neck and I looked up to her. That movement was very intimate and that was something we agreed not to do in front of others. “What are you doing?” I whispered to her and she squeezed my neck. “Me? What are you doing? You aren't working, you're not listening to me. I can feel the stress radiate from your body” Cordelia leaned closer to me and whispered in my ear, “don't forget that we're soulmates. I can feel everything.” She was right, I could feel the worry that flowed through her body and my heart started to beat faster. The love for her was growing and I forgot what Zoe said for a minute. “We need to talk about something, after your lesson” I whispered and looked at her lips. In this moment I wanted to kiss her so badly, but we couldn't. “I want to kiss you too little one” I heard in my head and Cordelia bit her lip. A smile came to my lips and I started with the potion.
After the class ended, I waited in the greenhouse for everyone to leave and when it was only Cordelia and me she came directly to me and kissed me. I sighed and pulled her closer. “This feels so good” I whispered against her lips, but Cordelia had that worried look on her beautiful face. “Tell me what's wrong my love” she whispered and brushed some hair out of my face. “Zoe said something earlier that I can't understand.” A sigh escaped Cordelia's beautiful lips and she asked what Zoe said. “Let's go somewhere we can talk privately” I suggested and she nodded. We walked to my room and sat down on my bed.

My hand grabbed Cordelia's and I kissed it before I started talking. “So Zoe said earlier that the old Supreme must die and then the new Supreme is rising. I already knew that one, but she told me that it already started and that you're getting weaker every day. Is that true Cordelia? Please say no, I don't want you to die. I love you so much and I wanted to be with you till we're old grumpy ladies.” Tears streamed down my face and Cordelia grabbed me and kissed me. “Please say something Cordelia!” “It's true okay. Zoe is right! I feel weaker with each passing day and my power is vanishing.” A loud sob came out of my mouth and I hugged Cordelia. “Zoe said that she already knows which one of us the next Supreme is” I whispered and Cordelia sighed. “Yeah, me too.”

“What?” I asked loudly and drew back. It was all so confusing and unfair. Cordelia and me where just at the beginning of our relationship and now it's gonna be ending soon? No! Not with me! “Who's the new Supreme?” I asked, but Cordelia avoided my gaze. “Cordelia!” I yelled at her. “You!” she shouted at me and tears streamed down her face. That came unexpected! “Me?” I asked confused. “But that can't be true.” “Don't you feel stronger? Isn't your magic getting stronger?” “Yeah, but it was because of the Academy, because of your help” I whispered and looked at her. She shook her head and I wiped the tears from her cheeks. Her hand landed on my face and she looked at me lovingly. “No, it's because you're the next Supreme my love” she whispered and I shook my head. I pulled away from her stood up.

“I don't want to be the next Supreme! I love you so much Cordelia, I don't want you to die. There must be a solution. Please! Say that there is something we can do!” I cried so hard that I couldn't breath normally anymore. It was all too much, my knees felt weak and I fell to the ground. My hands shot up to my face and my heart felt, like it exploded into a million pieces.