Chapter 24

Cordelia hugged me tightly after she joined me on the floor and whispered calming things, but it didn't helped me. I was a mess and couldn't calm down anymore, but then I felt Cordelia's magic inside my body and my tears stopped. “Cordelia! Don't waste your magic for me” I gasped and looked at her. She just smiled at me at pulled me into a hug. “I just want you to feel better. It hurts me to see you like this and I will do everything to make you feel good” she said to me and kissed my nose. “There must be something we can do. I don't accept that you will die, because of me. Nope, not with me.” I stood up and walked out of my room. Cordelia hurried after me and asked “What are you doing?”

“Searching for a book” I told her and wiped the rest of my tears away.” My magic got stronger and I turned around, looking at Cordelia. She was very pale and pearls formed on her forehead. “Take my hand!” She looked confused at me, but took my hand. I concentrated on my magic and shot a wave into Cordelia's body. She gasped and I opened my eyes again. “There you are. I don't like to see you like this” I said to her and Cordelia asked “Like what?” I pulled her towards me and whispered “Like you would faint any second. Now come on! We need to find a spell or something that will help us.” My lips connected with hers and I felt a smile form on her lips.

“There isn't a spell that could help us” Cordelia said to me after hours of searching and she threw the book she just read in against the next wall. I looked up to her with wide eyes and saw her stumbling to the table. My body shot up immediately and I ran towards her, grabbing her waist. “Delia, honey what's wrong?” Her hands sneaked around my body and her head landed on my shoulder. “I'm just so tired” she whispered at my neck and I caressed her back. “You need to rest a little bit love, I feel that you're exhausted.” Cordelia shook her head and wanted to argue, but I stopped her. “Don't! Go to bed, I'll join you in a few minutes okay?” Her shoulders dropped and I waited for her response. “Okay” she whispered and I teleported her to her room.” I sat down on a chair and closed my eyes. My mind drifted towards to Cordelia, to make sure she would really go to bed. “I love you” I heard her whisper and then she was asleep. A sad smile came to my lips and I looked down to the books.

“There must be a book that can help us” I whispered and closed my eyes. My whole magic was focused on a book that would help me and suddenly something hit my head really hard. “Ouch” I yelled and rubbed my head. On the ground laid a book, it was covered in dust and looked extremely old. “Hmm, maybe that will help” I whispered to myself and picked it up. It opened on itself and I mumbled “Let's see.” My eyes traveled over the lines, that were written and widened with each passing line I read. “That's interesting.”