Chapter 6

"Ms. Goode!" I said loudly and closed my hand. The flame was gone again and I looked at my palm. "That's new" I mumbled to myself and ignored Cordelia. "I'm so sorry, it wasn't my intention to scare you (Y/N)" she said and tried to take my hand, but I stepped away from her. "Why didn't you say something?" I asked her and crossed my arms in front of my chest. "Because I didn't wanted to disturb you. You were extremely focused." My heart ached at the sad look on her face and I let out a deep breath. "Yeah, I was. I tried to make a few potions." My hand moved over the bottles and then I looked back at Cordelia.

"What potions did you make?" She asked and came closer to me. Cordelia stood right next to me and her shoulder touched my own. "For protection, unwanted feelings, healing potion and then you interrupted me." I felt her eyes on me and then she whispered "Unwanted feelings?" I said nothing and just shrugged. "For what do you need such a potion?" she asked worried and turned to me. "Because of unwanted feelings?" I said sarcastic and grabbed the bottles. I wanted to place them in a cupboard behind me, but Cordelia stopped me with her hand on my elbow. "(Y/N) talk to me? What is wrong?" Tears started to form in my eyes and I put the potions away. "Nothing Ms. Goode" I murmured and wanted to go away, but Cordelia grabbed my hand. "No! You don't walk away again! Talk to me." "I'm in love with you okay!" I screamed and pulled away from her. The look on her face broke my heart and I ran out of the greenhouse. "I hate my life" I said to myself, while I ran out of the house.

I needed some time alone and that was impossible at the Academy. New Orleans was new to me and I didn't know where I was going, but I came to a little cafe and decided to buy something. It was a chilly Sunday and a cocoa sounded perfect at the moment. I sat down on a table and a waitress came to me and took my order. When my cocoa arrived, I leaned back with the mug in my hands and closed my eyes for a few seconds. "That's good" I whispered to myself and sipped from my drink.

It was already dark when I finished my drink and I continued to just stare out the window. It was strange to see all those people, walking past the window and thinking about their own life's. I didn't want to go back to the Academy, but it was already past dinner and if I wouldn't show up soon I am sure Cordelia would search for me. If she didn't already knew where I am. "Let's go home" I mumbled and stood up. Outside of the cafe I regretted that I got out without a jacket. It was freaking cold and I had a long walk ahead. I looked up at the sky and took a deep breath, then started to walk.