Chapter 3

Jennie’s POV: 

After Lisa drove off, I went inside still wearing the same smile on my face. 

I went straight into the kitchen to get a glass of water cause all the singing in Lisa's car dried my throat a bit.

"Hi honey! Any reason you look extra happy today?" My Mom greeted me as she was doing a bit of cleaning up.

I gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"hmmm? I don't think I look extra happy Mom. Isn't this how I look like every day?"

"Oh please! You're about to rip your face off with that smile of yours. It’s actually getting creepy..." I rolled my eyes at my Mom and got myself a water from the fridge. 

Why the hell am I still even smiling?? Is it because I’m gonna have a boyfriend soon?

Why does if feels like it’s something else tho? Mom’s right, it is creepy…

"So... You and Lisa finally made it official?" Dad asked as he walked in to the kitchen, smiling while wiggling his brows. 

"PPPFFFFTTTT!! WHAT??!!" I spat all the water I was drinking, shocked with what I heard! I mean what the hell does he mean??!! 

"So that's why you're all smiley! And about time if you ask me!" Mom said wearing the same happy expression as my Dad and again... 

"WHAT???!!" 

"What? I saw you guys being lovey-dovey on her car a few minutes ago. I was so ready to beat the crap out of the person you were hugging but then I realized it was Lisa." Dad said beaming at Mom, and they look really happy with the thought of me and Lisa being in a relationship.

Holy shit this is embarrassing! Why the hell are we even having this talk?! 

"Honey you're blushing!" mom cooed and they both started laughing at me. 

I'm blushing???!! why???!! I mean don't get me wrong, Lisa's a pretty nice catch. She's gorgeous, her expressive eyes are actually my favorite, plus her body, wooh that body! Just the right amount of muscles that it's firm and yet when you hug her it’s so comforting that you can just melt.

I don't really need to go into details about her physical appearance because duh? Anyone with eyes knows how perfect she is. 

What the others don't know is how kind and loving and respectful she is underneath her playfulness. But despite all of that, I never really saw myself being in a relationship with her. 

I can't say that I don’t find her attractive cause that's just a big fat lie. In fact, I think everyone is attracted to her!

I appreciate everything that she is, but I don’t know. I guess I just don’t really see her like that.

And now, I better clear this shit up before this goes out of hand.

“Hold on guys you got this all wrong! Me and Lisa did not ‘MaKE It OfFiCiaL’ cause there’s nothing to make official in the first place! We were actually talking about the guy whom I’d ‘make it official’ with.”

My parents looked a bit shocked and then… I don’t know sad?

My Dad’s face then went stern.

“What guy?! Who’s he?! How come we didn’t know this?!”

I ran my hand on my hair feeling a bit frustrated with the way my Dad was acting.

“I’ll let you guys meet him once we’re official okay?”

“And Lisa approves of that guy??” Dad asked in disbelief.

Okay how come we need Lisa’s approval with MY relationship?! I can date whoever I want! But then again… If Lisa didn’t say the things she said earlier, I think I’d never say yes to Kai at all.

“Well not really… but she said if I’ll be happy with him then why not.”

Their face turned soft as I said that then Mom gave me a smile.

“Then whatever makes you happy, honey. Invite him for dinner when you’re ready?”

I nodded.

“I’ll still think about if I’ll say yes to him tho. I’ll let you guys know.”

Dad gave me a tight smile and I gave then a quick hug as I went out of the kitchen to go upstairs to my room.

I looked back at them before heading up as I heard my Dad mumble something while his head was down and Mom rubbing his back, chuckling at him.

What weird parents I have.

Lisa’s POV:

It was already 6 in the evening when I got home.

My Mom and I ate dinner together and talked about what happened with our day. Me and my Mom are pretty close. I’m an only child and since my Dad died, we’ve only had each other.

I promised my Dad that I will always protect and love Mom, so he doesn’t have to worry about leaving us behind.

He was a good man, he was my first coach and my idol. Aside from teaching me baseball, he taught me how to be kind and to respect everyone who is worthy of it. I will always live up to that because I want everyone who knew my Dad to tell me that I’m just like him.

After dinner, I took a quick shower and did my homework. I also prepared my baseball uniform because we have practice tomorrow.

I’m now lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling, hoping to catch my sleep soon when my thoughts were brought back to the conversion I had with Jennie.

He’s gonna say yes to Kai.

He’s gonna have a boyfriend soon.

But Kai doesn’t belong to our group of friends.

Does that mean Kai will hangout with us from now on?

Or will Jennie hangout with us less?

What?! No! That can’t happen! Kai should be the one adjusting!

But then again, I don’t like him…

That means I’ll have to adjust too?

Ugh! Fuck this shit!!!

I rolled frustratedly so I’m now lying on my front.

Why am I even stressing about this? Jennie should be stressing about this!

How come when I told Jennie that he can say yes to Kai, it felt a little bit off?

But then when I saw the smile on her face after I said that, it felt somehow right?

Stupid Lisa, giving your stupid approval and now stressing about it… Aish!

I took my phone out and looked at one of our group photos when we were on a beach.

It’s a candid photo where the girls were caught in the middle of their laughter because of what we did.

Rosé, Jisoo, Jennie, and Irene are standing close next to each other. while Bam, Jackson, Me, and Seulgs are in front of them, crouching a bit doing a stupid gangster pose.

I zoomed into Jennie and can’t help the smile painting on my face.

Her head tossed back, eyes closed tightly, her wide, bright gummy smile radiating while her right hand was on her stomach, probably hurting already and her left arm wrapped on my shoulder, kinda like holding on to me as if I’m giving her a piggyback ride.

This is my favorite photo.

And then it hit me…

I’d give everything for my friend to keep that smile.

So, Kai better not hurt my precious Nini if he doesn’t want to start breathing through his asshole.