Chapter 19

Lisa’s POV:

Holy shit this is it! Took me a lot of control to casually ask her on a date when inside, I was losing it. I planned this date the day mom told me that she, Jen’s parents and their friends are gonna get together, so I better not fuck this up. Last time I tried asking her if she’s interested in dating again didn’t really go well so I thought, okay maybe that wasn’t my day and Lord this better be my day or I’m burying myself alive later.

“Is no one falling for your charms anymore that’s why you’re taking me on a date?” She teases as I drive us to our first stop.

“Excuse me, I don’t ever lose my charm. You see how most of the girls in school throw their selves at me, you’re lucky I’m taking you on a date.” I cockily said and she pinched my side making me wince.

“Tsss! You love their attention so much don’t you?” She said annoyed and I actually find it cute so I pinched her cheek with my right hand making her pout like the cute mandu she is.

“Nope, I only love one girl’s attention.” I said with a smile on my face as I focus on the road.

She became quiet after that, but I didn’t spare her a glance, afraid I might blurt out that I was referring to her and this whole date thingy might end before it even starts.

“Is this the place?” she asked as I parked the car in front of a rustic restaurant.

“Nah! We’re just gonna get takeouts so we have something to eat later. You wanna come so you can pick?”

“Hmmm I think I’ll stay here, you know what I like.”

“Alright, lock the doors.”

I went inside and took the seat nearest to the door, beside the glass wall where I can perfectly see Jennie. A waitress immediately came and gave me the menu and she just stood there next to me while I decide on what to order.

“Okay, I’ll get one beef cheese burger, one pesto pasta, a caesar salad and two bottled water. Make that to go plea—” I backed away quickly because I didn’t notice how close her face was to mine until I turned to face her. She tucked a few strands of her hair behind her ears and repeated my order with a blush painted on her cheeks before walking away.

I looked over to check if Jennie’s okay and folks, she does not look okay.

She had her arms crossed, an eyebrow raised, and it looks like she’s trying to shatter the glass with her stare. I was so terrified, I felt chills on the back of my neck.

I mouthed what? but she didn’t respond and just continued glaring at me. I swallowed a lump on my throat and decided to fish out my phone and distract myself from the fuming kitten while I wait on our food.

“Your food will be ready in a bit.” I look up to see the same waitress fidgeting in front me while biting her lip.

“No problem.” I politely smiled at her and returned my focus on my phone.

“Can I seat here for a while?”

“Sure.” I shrugged, not looking at her and I heard the chair across me scratch the floor.

“Do you live nearby? I think this is the first time I’ve seen you here?” She spoke and not wanting to be rude, I placed my phone down and looked at her.

“I live a bit far from here, and yeah it’s my first time here.”

“I see… I’m Tzuyu by the way, you?”