Chapter 8

Lisa’s POV:

I’m already in my room, pacing back and forth thinking about what the hell just happened earlier. It happened so fast and it wasn’t even really a kiss but shit. I even wonder how I managed to drive home after that. I mean, my head was all over the place!

I lay on my back when my cheeks starter to hurt and I hadn’t realized I was smiling this whole time. Curse those lips! I know it wasn’t intentional, but I can’t help but feel so giddy.

I couldn’t take it anymore, so I took a pillow, covered my face with it and squealed like the love sick teenaged that I am.

“Lisa! Everything okay in there?!”

Shit!

“uhm yeah mom! I-I just s-saw a cockroach. Yeah a cockroach! It’s okay now I killed it! I uhm Imma go burry it now!”

The fuck did I just say? burry a cockroach? Now I just don’t make sense.

While still smiling like an idiot, I decided to send a message to Jennie just to let her know that I’m already home.

Yow mandu! I got home a few minutes ago.

I wasn’t expecting a reply cause she’s probably asleep already, so I placed my phone on the bedside and went to the bathroom to do my night routine.

While brushing my teeth, my phone buzzed indicating a message so I Usain Bolt my way to get my phone not minding the toothpaste bubbles on my mouth.

Good! I’m about to sleep now. Btw, sorry about earlier ☹ I didn’t mean it and I panicked that’s why I ran off…

Oh if she only knew… I was already picking out our wedding song in my head the moment she ran out the car.

It’s okay Nini but I could kiss you for real next time. All you have to do is ask 😏

Of course I had to tease her. I’m Lisa, that’s my job.

You piece of shit 🤣

I laughed at her reply causing the toothpaste to spill out my mouth. I’m glad things didn’t get awkward between us. I still know my place don’t worry, let me just enjoy this.

Today’s our game to qualify to the semi-finals and we’re on a crucial part. Score is 9 – 10 in favor of us but this is now the bottom of the last inning which means if they make 2 more scores, we lose this game. 

We’ve only got 1 out and there’s a runner on the 3rd base. We need two more outs to finish the game and we can’t let this runner get home.

I look at the bleacher to see my friends and Jennie’s dad cheering loud for our team while Jennie’s at the side with her fellow cheerleaders doing their routine. She blows me a kiss and I winked at her as a response.

Things remained the same between me and Jennie after that night. She’s still with Kai and I’m still the clingy friend who secretly likes her and I’ve accepted my faith. I’ll patiently wait and when the opportunity comes, I’ll make her mine. As for now, I’ll just continue being a good friend to her and treat her well as always. I don’t flirt with her or show any suggestion that she should ditch her boyfriend and be with me instead because I don’t swing like that.

Instead, I show her the real me and let her see for herself what she’s missing.

Back to the game, I keep on thinking how we’ll play this smart. If the batter hits the ball, whoever catches it throws to first base to get him out but then there’s a 90% chance that the runner on 3rd makes it home tying the score to 10 -10 and they’ll still have a chance to win.