Chapter 5

Jennie’s POV:

Once our practices were done, we went straight to Bam’s house to hang out with Mina.

Too bad my boyfriend (still can’t believe I have one now) can’t come with us cause he said he had prior commitments and I totally understand.

We’re in the so called ‘Paradise Room’ and the athletes are currently playing pool while me and girls are watching the notebook.

It’s called the Paradise Room for a reason. It has a pool table, foosball table, a huge flat screen tv, bean bags, karaoke and all types of video games. This is like our personal room and we sleep here during sleepovers.

“Ugh!”

I looked over my shoulder to see Lisa and Jackson looking all disgusted with what they’re seeing. I eyed the room to see what’s wrong and immediately notice the couples clinging into each other.

Aw men! I wish Kai was here…

Jackson threw some popcorn at them to snap them from their moments.

“The three of us are also here you know?” Lisa said rolling her eyes.

“You assholes, a little respect for the single people in here!” Jackson added

“Speak for yourself Wang, I’m no longer single.” I said smirking at them.

“Fine! Then a little respect for me and Lis then.” He said like he’s throwing a tantrum and we all shook our heads at Jackson’s antics.

“So Lis, how come you don’t have a girlfriend yet?” Mina asks and we all shift our attention to Lisa.

I also wonder why she doesn’t have a girlfriend yet and it seems like she’s not interested in anyone. Almost all the girls at school openly flirts with her. Doesn’t anyone catch her attention?

“I don’t know. I guess I haven’t met ‘The One’ yet.” She shrugged.

“How the hell can you find ‘The One’ when you don’t even go on dates?” Jisoo said.

 “Tss… You don’t have to date to know okay? If ever I meet someone interesting, I’ll befriend her instead of dating her right away. You see when people date, they just show you their good qualities, so you’ll think you finally found the perfect person for you when there’s no such thing. I want to know her flaws as well, all the fucked up things because if it turns out that I would still want to be with her despite of all the bad things, then that means she’s ‘The One’.”

Shock is an understatement. I never knew Lisa feels this way about relationships and she totally has a point and it’s unbelievably a beautiful point.

Judging by the others’ reactions I’ll say they didn’t also expect that from Lisa. I don’t even know how long we were quiet. We just snapped back into reality when we heard Jackson clapping his hands and wiping his fake tears.

“Holy shit Lis that was beautiful!” and Lisa responded by throwing the rest of the popcorn at him.

We ordered chinese for dinner and bid our goodbyes because we still have school tomorrow.

After dropping off Jisoo and Rosé, now it’s just me and Lisa singing to best friend by Rex Orange.

"I wanna be your favorite boo-oh-oy!"

Lisa sings, grinning at me.

"I wanna be the one that makes your day.
The one you think about as you lie awake. "