o n e

"Hey dork, why aren't you eating?" Jungkook notes observantly as he slides into the open seat next to mine at the lunch bench my friends and I occupy.

I roll my eyes and give him a small welcoming smile, "I ate my whole lunch in Mr. Hang's class cuz' I was bored."

Jungkook digs into his backpack momentarily before fishing out a double chocolate-y chocolate bar and sliding it over to me on the table, "Will you ever not be bored in math class?" The boy emphasizes, I cant help but to pout at that.

"I don't believe I will," I chime as I rip open the candy bar and take a bite, not failing to tilt my hand into the boy's direction after, in which he takes a chunky bite.

As if only now noticing my friends, he smiles and waves at them warmly, still chewing and they provide him with an awkward wave in welcome.

"So when did you guys make it official?" Sooyeon giggles as she joins the group and rests her hands on Jaehyun's shoulders, who was sitting directly in front of me.

Sooyeon had always turned heads with her every movement, which ultimately left me somewhat insecure next to her. Jaehyun, who was also on the higher end of the high school hierarchy, he had no insecurities when it came to his looks and no reason to be insecure. The two were their most confident selves together and so it made sense that they were closer to each other than the rest of the group, none of us minded.

Jungkook and I exchange disgusted glances at the box dyed blonde girls remark. "We're not dating." I excuse with a light gag.

"And never will." Jungkook adds, attempting desperately to end the conversation.

Sooyeon pouts her pretty pink lips and swishes her golden locks from one shoulder to the other, whacking Jaehyun in the face on their way around.

"Sooyeon what the fuck?!" Jaehyun's deep voice echos. She offers an apology in which he declines and they begin to bicker (as they always do) and immediately forgetting about the dispute Sooyeon had regarding my relationship with Jungkook.

My other two friends seated the table remain somewhat quiet, Amiee continues to listen to her regular dosage of heavy metal rock music while finishing on copying an assignment for her next period class whilst Woosung continues to read his action-adventure novel close next to her. The five of us preferred to have his clear distinction between each other. Amiee and Woosung, Sooyeon and Jaehyun as well as myself and Jungkook, whom made himself comfortable with another group of friends (that I have never really met) the majority of the school day. This way, we all had the security of knowing that we had a single person to give our all too as well as a group to have our backs no matter what. At the end of the day our fundamentals were priceless and I loved that about us.

The Soo-hyun duet continue on with their petty argument and I listen in, knowing very well that they'd eventually come to me to break their argument, but Jungkook isn't satisfied with my silence. "You didn't reply to my texts last night." The boy observantly comments.

"Well I'm sorry Jungkook," I reply sarcastically, "I didn't really find it necessary to engage in your conversation with Seokjin about the paradox of If Pinocchio says that his nose will grow, is he lying?"

"We were in the middle of a heated debate!" Jungkook argues.

"I learnt my lesson from last time," I sigh, "Jin is still trying to convince me that water is wet."

"But it's not!" Jungkook fires up.

"Exactly!" I finish off the candy bar, "You just add me into the conversation so that Jin will target me instead of you with his opinions!" I wad the plastic and throw it at Jungkook's awestruck face. I place my fingers on his chin and close his somewhat gaping mouth.

The quiet boy smiles nervously and breaks eye contact, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand, he knew he was caught red handed.

Seokjin was the one and only friend of Jungkook's that I had met, mainly because once Kook told me that Jin was attending college and I saw no reason for an 8th grader to be socializing with a 20 year old. Turn's out Seokjin is a great person but other than my encounters with him, I have only ever heard of Jungkook's friends and I have never made it an objective of mine to learn more about them. Jungkook did always love his privacy and I respected that.

"Alright, you caught me." Jungkook admits sheepishly, lifting his arms up in surrender. I nod my head agreement and give him my classic 'I'm always right' look, "I know you too well, Kook."

The lunch bell rings and finally, Woosung closes his book, Amiee takes out her headphones and Soo-hyun stop fighting, the chaos amungst us dissolves as everyone around us packs up their things and get ready to head off to class. I am no different so I get up out of my seat and bid my friends a warm goodbye as I head out to the elective class Jungkook and I share, art.

a/n
Word Count: 885

haha! this is it! how are you liking my second book "sexual tension" so far?

>> This will be a short story, it contains 20 chapters!

Also unrelated but I literally only make my OC's talented in painting because that's the singular thing I'm somewhat good and educated at lol.

©2020 unbelibubblebangtann on wattpad