s e v e n t e e n

February 19; Age 15

"Yerin where are we?" Jungkook whines, flashing me his signature puppy dog eyes. Going out with an introvert should be an extroverts worst nightmare but for me, with Jungkook, every moment is like a beautiful dream where every second was spent with only the brightest of smiles.

"Out to have fun!" I rejoice, "We have to celebrate getting that toxic lump out of our lives, right?"

Kook chuckles and nods as we continue a steady pace to our destination. "And you know..." I begin again, catching the cute boy's attention, "we could get... a teeny tiny bit drunk too?"

"Drunk?!" Koo squeals, I giggle at his adorable innocence.

"Yeah you know... let's just try a little bit... together!" I grab his hand and interlock our fingers, we swing our hands lazily in between us. "We should lose our alcohol virginities together Koo~"

Jungkook rolls his eyes and groans, I know just from that that he agrees, "Don't make it sound so sexual." The shy boy mutters, uncontrollable laughter rolls off my tongue, how can a grown boy be so cute? Jungkook can't help but laugh too and we giggle together.

"Us? Doing anything sexual together?! Never!!" I confirm with the final giggles of my laughing fit, "If you're scared of your parents finding out, my dad is out of town for a few days, so you can stay over."

"Yeah." Jungkook hums in agreement without hesitation, "I'd like that."

"Well then," I chirp, picking up our pace as I skip to the party house, dragging Jungkook behind me, "future cheers to you getting over the witch!" We giggle to that and finally enter the residence. The party was chill and quaint, the snack bar was in tact and dancers kept their hands to themselves on the dance floor. Kook and I walk directly to the snack bar in which the boy pours us both a rather larger serving of beer.

"I don't know how much is too much." Kook defends, handing me a cup. I smile and take the cup. "We don't have to finish the whole thing," I comfort as we sip on our alcohol only to cringe in disgust.

I turn my attention to Kook and slowly take another sip, he does the same and we lock eyes, this time we're not as shocked at the flavor.

"I kind of like it," Jungkook admits, I shyly smile, "Yeah me too." I agree. We take a few more sips and watch more party goers enter the house and I watch them dance and suddenly get a temptation.

"Kook?" I call, "Hm?" He replies, zoning into the conversation.

"Let's go dance."

And just like that Jungkook and I danced the night away together.

That is, until the whole gathering was stopped by a shrill scream.

"Jungkook!" An annoying voice hollers, "How could you move on so quickly?! And with that bitch?!"

Jungkook and I look around in shock before noticing the crowd of dancing guests part like the Red Sea and a exasperated girl stomp through the bare middle.

"Excuse me?!" I step in, defending myself against the lunatic who decided to make an appearance, before I can continue, Jungkook interrupts.

"Who the fuck do you think you are calling my best friend a bitch you fucking psychopath?!" Jungkook yells at the top of his lungs, making the girl skrt skrt in her place and halt a few feet away from us.

I turn to look at the boys angered side profile and smile to myself at his choice of words.

Jungkook never curses... but he cursed for me... my smile only grows with my lingering thoughts, I notice Ayako's mouth open to reply and immediately, as if on automatic, I speak without another thought.

"You used and tricked the both of us and on top of that attempted to sexually assault my Kook on multiple occasions, you spread horrible and false rumors about the both of us, and now you have the audacity to call him like he's yours and say that I'm the bitch?! Who do you think you are trying to play victim?" I burst out, sloshing around the red solo cup in anger as I spoke.

As if a bull attracted to a red cloth Ayako bends forward and reaches out for the cup in my hand and the one in Jungkook's, she snatches them before we can react.

She throws the contents of the cups onto me directly. The crowd that I had just realized had formed around us gasps, Jungkook immediately comes to my aid, taking his jacket off and draping it over my shoulders as I wipe off the liquid from my face. Jungkook nudges the crazy girl on her shoulder with the tips of his fingers (the delicate boy was too afraid to even crush an ant, let alone hit or push a fragile girl) "What's your problem?!" He screams at the frozen girl, who obviously was shocked at what she did too, I watch as she finally cracks from her frozen state as a tear drapes down her porcelain cheek.

"You have no idea what I've been through!" Ayako's voice cracks as she screams in response, she grabs her stomach and bends over as if she was in pain before jumping up and fixing her posture.

The girl attempts to lunge at me but she's blocked by an unfamiliar figure, "You're insane!" The second girl who had protected me yells as she struggles against Ayako's claws (that otherwise would have been in my face.)

"What's going on here— Sooyeon!" A second unfamiliar voice screams. I watch as the male whom the second voice belongs to pull Ayako off of the blonde girl, who I had inferred to be Sooyeon. The boy throws Ayako to the side and she falls onto the floor, only to be pulled up by other party goers and escorted involuntarily out of the house.

I watch in curiosity and slight fear as the boy I now identified to be Jaehyun hug his best friend, Sooyeon.

Yeah, I knew them, it's not creepy. The whole school knew who Jaehyun and Sooyeon were, they were popular.

Before I knew it, Jungkook zips up his sweater on me and wipes off the last of the beer as best as he could with his hands, I hug the boy but I couldn't help but wonder... what would have happened if Sooyeon didn't interfere?

"Hey! I'm so sorry that had to happen to you!" I notice Sooyeon call to me and detach partially from Jungkook to respond.

"I-It's nothing." I deflect, warming up to my best friends embrace a little more.

"Are you two okay?" Jaehyun comments, wringing an arm around his best friend.

I look up at Koo and he gives me a reassuring nod, "I think we'll be fine, thank you."

"Of course," Sooyeon replies with a smile, "My name is Sooyeon and this is Jaehyun."

I shake my head out of my thoughts and realize that they didn't know who we were, "My name is Yerin and this is Jungkook, it's nice to meet you."

"Yeah we know." Jaehyun notes quickly, Jungkook shoots him a confused look and my eyebrows shoot up in shock, "I mean, not in a weird way—I mean— like in a friendly way—like, you know—"

"He means that we've heard a lot of things about you two." Sooyeon interrupts, "You guys are practically famous around school, you're great at everything! The arts, academics, sports..."

And our conversation of ironic occurrences continued for the whole night, turns out, they thought we were the popular ones and we thought it was the other way around...

a/n
Word Count: 1287

Aaaaand this brings chapter 17 to a close, make sure to support this story with everything you've got while you can now because this story is about to come to a real end..

I'm really sad that I'm so close to finishing this book, but it had to happen eventually, I couldn't just leave you guys on a cliffhanger for the rest of your lives...

thank you so much for your support!

©2020 unbelibubblebangtann on wattpad