t h r e e

My whole body relentlessly shivers at the cold of the night. I rub my arms in attempt to warm myself on the bench. I look back at the building several times, waiting patiently.

Maybe I should go inside?

No, Jungkook's gym session will be over any second now.

After Jungkook said that he wanted my company walking home from the gym again, he had constantly been on my mind. Honestly, the thought was not bad at all, walking home with Jungkook sounded great and back then, it was really fun.

I take one final glance at the door and jump up out of my seat at the sight of the boy of my thoughts exiting the establishment.

Said boy power walks out of the building looking to his side, away from me, in attempt to fix the strap of his gym bag with his one free hand, his already occupied hand held his protein shake.

"Hey! Jungkook, ignoring me now are we?" I joke loudly catching his attention. Jungkook's head shoots up and into my direction and his once dull and worn out form explodes to life as he waves excitedly at me, stopping in his tracks. I run up to him and give his sweaty body a short hug, "You shouldn't walk while distracted! You'll get hurt, idiot."

Jungkook gins and slightly chuckles at my worry, "You actually came!"

"You say that as if you actually expected your best friend not to show up..!" I nudge his shoulder lightly with the tips of my fingers, causing him to momentarily stumble. As he recovers, I walk ahead. The boy huffs behind me and I cant help but smile hearing his feet hit the floor repeatedly in his soft jog as he attempts to catch back up to me. The air felt light between us, it was comfortable  and fresh, everything about this moment felt right.

We were just Jungkook and Yerin again and it felt good to be just Jungkook and Yerin, nothing more and nothing less.

"It's so much better not having to go home alone!" Jungkook excitedly comments, reaching my side quickly and wringing a lazy arm around my shoulders. I reach up my hand and hold the tips of his fingers of the arm he had around me off instinct.

"I mean obviously, who wouldn't want me always around?" I jokingly gloat, giving his fingers a loving squeeze. Jungkook doesn't reply and to my confusion, I look to my side and see him chugging down his chocolate protein shake as we walk. I smile at my sudden idea. "How about we go gain back those calories you just lost?"

Jungkook finishes off his shake and looks down at me in suspense, "How so?"

"Convenience store ice cream?" I suggest but, I soon after shutter at my own suggestion.

+

Jungkook and I stroll down the familiar paths of our hometown. Trailing all the way from the gym to the nearest convenience store, the walk was familiar to the both of us. The boy had recently started going to the gym to build muscle to be able to get better at his taekwondo skills. It was only his tenth session and I refused to let him walk home alone.

"Jungkook! I'll treat you this time!" Just as we enter the store, baby Jungkook gets a call.

He answers it to what seems to be his mom near the entrance and my tiny 13 year old body wanders to the ice cream section. I pick up two separate yummy ice creams for the both of us and head to the cashier.

When I find no one at the desk, I decide to leave the ice cream up on the counter and look for the clerk.

My heart stumbles and I attempt to release a muffled scream but the hand around my mouth prevents me from doing so.

This wasn't Jungkook, I knew it wasn't. This hand was far too big, and gloved. It belonged to a man, not a boy and that much was certain.

Panic rises in my system and I do the only think I can think of when my kicking doesn't work, I bite the man's hand, managing to get a solid crunch out of one of his fingers even through the glove.

I just broke his finger.

He loosens his grip enough for me to jolt my head forward and somewhat pull his glove off. His glove and hand become a tangled mess and I use this distraction to kick him in the stomach as hard as I can.

I scream at the top of my lungs when the man stumbles back but his other hand doesn't let go of me.

Shuffling feet enter the scene and before I know it, Jungkook's leg comes in sharp contact with the strange man's other arm.

We all hear the crack of the man's bones and his howling scream that follows. He lets go of me and cowers on the floor.

Jungkook and I abandon the unfamiliar man and our unpaid ice creams.

We run for our lives.

+

It was overwhelming remembering why I stopped going to gym sessions but that memory will always be pushed to the back of my head.

a/n
Word Count: 875

oops?

..happy holidays.. it's still Christmas Eve for me! and also, this Kookie loves chocolate a lot :)

©2020 unbelibubblebangtann on wattpad