ii

chapter twenty two (the second epilogue)

I dash on the final bits of color onto my painting. I look back at it and I can't help but smile. Previously, I had began this painting with cold and dark colors to resemble my anxiety filled past, but now for some reason I no longer had that fear. So, I painted over my work with bright and warm toned colors to resemble to the sudden happiness that had crawled it's way into my life. The end result was a beautiful (in my opinion at least) and I couldn't have been more proud of my work. Definitely my best piece yet.

It almost even looked like a battle for dominance, kind of like how—

"Yerin!" My teacher calls as he waddles around to inspect my work, "I must say, I am impressed. I can clearly see the conflict between emotions in this piece but I honestly can't tell more than that. Great work!"

An overwhelming sensation of pride fills my lungs at the compliment and I can't help but to simply smile and mutter a quiet 'thank you' as I continued to bask in my success.

Mr. Gong then turns to observe Jungkook's work, which was a beautifully executed masterpiece, might I add.

The painting depicted a small tattered human figure surrounded by black with glowing white musical notes around him. Jungkook had explained to me the meaning behind this piece earlier in the day, it resembled the light that music had brought him in his darkest times. There were points in our story where Jungkook and I hadn't been together, and while I coped with my other friends, Jungkook found that he had no one to turn to, Taehyung and co. included.

When he told me this my mind was filled with overwhelming guilt, if only I hadn't been so stubborn and annoying in the past, Jungkook wouldn't have felt the need to turn to music for support.

"Jungkook," Mr. Gong finally announces, breaking my trail of thought, "Astounding work, you could definitely go far with talent like yours."

I watch Jungkook, his head immediately snaps over to look at me and he smiles widely when he notices that I'm already watching him. I return his smile and we wait as Mr. Gong walks away from us, nodding his head in approval.

The second Mr. Gong moves on to another duo of students, Jungkook attacks me in an overwhelming bear hug. I can't help but to laugh at my best (boy???) friend's adorable antics and return his loving embrace. And I can't help but think damn, who am I to deserve such a perfect human?

a/n
Word Count: 445

this IS the last epilogue, there are no more epilogues for this novel

..........but!

SEQUEL LETS GET IT

not exactly sure when the sequel will release, any time between a week and a month, keep this book in your reading lists because it'll be first announced through here! And guess what, I already have a title picked out... it will be called "Daddy Issues | Jeon Jungkook" yuuuup let your imagination go feral with that one hehe.......! Make sure to look forward to the new release <3

I very much so purposefully left a lot of black holes and open ends in this novel in case I wanted to continue it and I do! Hopefully they can be answered through a second book BUT! I need to edit this story fully before publishing Daddy Issues because I don't want there to be any conflicting topics when you read and having y'all be like "wait shit don't add up." Lol

©2020 unbelibubblebangtann on wattpad