t h i r t e e n

May17; Age 14
Why will she not just give up.

"Jungkook, don't you think you've rejected me enough?" I hear from the next bookcase over. The now obnoxiously pretty voice grumbles and huffs in annoyance at the boys failure of compliance.

I'd be lying if I said that Jungkook's millionth rejection of the girl didn't bring a smile to my face. And I'd be also lying if I said that that fact didn't get my stomach churning with guilt. 

I pull out a book as if I wasn't listening in on their argument at the doors of the library. The two were in such a centralized area that it made it even kind of hard not to pay attention.

It seemed as though the librarian agreed with me as the grouchy old lady yelled a shaky "First warning!" from her post behind the main desk and computer.

The two young students continue to babble on, or actually, more so she screeched in his face whilst he soaked it all in in complete silence.

The girl continues to whine, "Jungkook, I thought you didn't give up on things you hadn't tried yet." She persists. She did have a point.

She had a good point.

I pull out two more books and stack them on my arm with the other one. I continue to look around the titles. I pull out another two and place them on my stack. And then another two. And another.

My tower was beginning to lean.

"Second warning!" The librarian calls to the dramatic duo. "I'll only give you two!"

Four words, can you guess the three words that shoved me into mental collapse? Because I can't forget them.

I pull out another book but don't place it on the wobbling stack in the nook of my arm.

"Jungkook you cant reject me because..."

"...I love you."

It took only four words to make me crack.

I hide my sob, I didn't want to make myself known to them. What would they think if they caught me listening in?

The books in my arms teeter like the leaning tower of pizza, I focus on keeping it alive. I reach up and place the last book on the tower.

"Fine! Then let's try." The comforting voice of Jungkook's I had been dying to hear...

agrees.

"That's enough!" We're the librarians final words. Rather, the final words I heard. My immense state of focus left me with only my sense of sight. I deafly watched as the librarians bulky security guards escort the two familiar kids out of the library.

The final book tips my stack and I fall onto the ground and my book tower falls on top of me.
I inevitably start to cry. My ears ring, shocking me with more pain alongside my collision with the floor and I shake with fear and regret.

What was going on? Am I dying? I hear a repetitive clicking noise come from my right. A clicking noise that took me a little while to pin point.

The continuous clicking noises of a computer mouse, I identify.

The clicking halts as quick as it had entered and I look around, only to find my tower of books being pushed off of my body. I force my tears to a near halt to look around.

I observe the unfamiliar boy on his knees next to me. He pulls my shoulders and top half off of the ground into a sitting position but the blood rushes to my head unexpectedly and my vision blurs. Before I know it my view goes all black. I had fainted.

+

My eyes flutter open as if they had just closed I sit up and look around at my white surroundings... a hospital room?

I observe a bit more, no. The nurses office.

"The nurse will be here soon to check on you." I snap my head into the direction of the voice, which wasn't the best idea. My head shoots into an excruciating pain and I fall back down onto the nurses office bed's pillow.

I try again, lifting my head up slowly and looking at the boy. He looked familiar. Like I had seen him before but I couldn't put my finger on where.

"Who are you?" I croak. The boy gets up and takes a few steps to the water jug.

"My name is Woosung, also known as your savior, I took you to the nurse when the library staff were too busy getting some kids in trouble." He fulls a cup up with water and walks back over to me. Oh that's how I know him. He hands me the cup, "You are?"

I gratefully take the water and chug it all down in one go. Woosung chuckles, I nervously laugh. "My name is Yerin."

The room fills with awkward silence.

"So," I trail, "what were you doing at the library earlier?"

Yerin what? What the heck? People go to the library to read why are you so dumb—

Woosung interrupts my inner thoughts, "I like to take advantage of the free WiFi so I play video games in there all lunch."

"Wait so, you go to the library and you don't read?" I ask in shock, now more awake and aware of what just happened.

Woosung laughs, "No way! I hate reading, I don't think there's a single book on earth that I'd like— speaking of, I checked out the books you had collected for you, I thought that they would be important if you were willing to fall for them." Woosung takes a few steps to the edge of the bed near my feet and leans down to the floor. He picks up a hefty pile of books and sets them on the side table next to me. I browse through the titles I had picked out, smiling to myself at all of the iconic books I had subconsciously picked out.

I pick up one that I particularly like, Damien, "This is my favorite book here," I say directed to Woosung as I flip through the pages, "maybe you can read it and give it a shot, if you don't like it I'll buy you anything you want from the snack bar."

a/n
Word Count: 1041

Yerin changing lives lets get it

Do you guys remember Woosung and Aimee from chapter one? :)

©2020 unbelibubblebangtann on wattpad