s i x

The light pitter patter of our feet drone on as Jungkook and I find an unbearable silence amongst us for the first time. But before we know it, the silence and quiet crunching beneath our feet fade out into the overwhelming sound of music as we reach the party destination. We didn't have to look at a map to find the house, it was easy to spot as it glowed miraculously with florescent lights.

As we enter the building, my senses are immediately filled with a very strong potent smell.

Is this what the books leave out? The con to the give and take balance of everything? Most likely so.

I was overwhelmed by the disgusting mixture of scents. Sweat, perfume and alcohol. I cant help but to hold back a gag of disgust at the putrid concoction presented to my nasal holes and take the first look at the situation before me.

Dancing...? Could you even call it that?

Unknown figures smash up against each other in seemingly uncomfortable placements. The room was filled to the brim but that only gave the partygoers an excuse to get closer.

I look away from the blob of people, suddenly feeling that I'm witnessing something I shouldn't.

Jungkook grabs my hand and for that I am eternally grateful, he leads me through of the mess of bodies and into another room, thankfully, the kitchen.

Unthankfully, the kitchen in which six handsome tall men, and among them Taehyung and Jin were conversing. And our presence drew their attention.

First they unanimously smile to Jungkook, then their gaze travels surprisingly to me and then down between us. To our intertwined hands.

Oh, brother.

I observe the boys, all but two surprised... Taehyung smirks at the sight and Jin sends me a welcoming smile just as he did to my best friend.

Jungkook lets go of my hand and goes over to the endless line of alcohol bottles, leaving me alone at the door to examine the group of boys that had stopped their conversation. This must have been Jungkook's group of friends.

Is that why he didn't want to go to the party? So that I wouldn't have to meet his friends? I sense an impending guilt surround me and I hope that Jungkook didn't feel uncomfortable with me here.

My best friend mixes two drinks into red solo cups and walks over to the boys. He gestures one of the cups to my direction and so I walk over to him and take it. I glue myself to Kook's side, terrified of my unwanted situation. I take a sip of my alcohol to perhaps ease my emotional discomfort.

"So are you and Kook dating or what?" Taehyung finally blurts, a little over excitedly. My eyes bulge out of their sockets and I cough on my drink, Jungkook rubs my back and sets his drink down.

"No way—" I regain my composure, and thus marks the second time Taehyung whatever-his-last-name-is has made me choke, and judging by the way things were heading, it won't be the last time.

"Kook's never told us about you," one of the other boys recall. I look into his direction from across the counter and raise a single brow. The boy was short compared to the rest, he wore all black and his black hoodie was pulled out to cover his poorly dyed blotchy black hair.

Jungkook peeps from beside me, "Yoon—" He starts, I cut him off.

"I don't see why Kook should feel the need to tell his friends about everyone he knows." I snap, obviously feeling the effects of half a cup of rum get to my head. But who did this guy think he was? He should respect Jungkook's privacy and acknowledge that we're all human and have our own secrets.

Jungkook locks our arms and pulls me into his body as we were before. I calm down a bit into his embrace. The black/brown haired boy surrenders his hands up into the air and turns around to grab a beer from behind him.

"Don't mind Yoongi, he's always like that." Jungkook explains, I agree in understanding and lean my head into his shoulder.

Yoongi makes an obnoxious gagging noise, what was he? A five year old? Grow up dude, "If you two are going to flirt then do it elsewhere." The now understood to be immature boy interrupts.

I send him my worst possible stink eye but the boy only smiles playfully and lifts his drink up in my direction. I smile and shake my head, realizing that he was joking and just trying to get under his friend's skin. The boy heads for the door.

Another member of Jungkook's somewhat secret assembly speaks up, "Sorry about Yoongi, he's not very good with social interaction, he's just here for free drinks."

I analyze the tall and intelligent looking boy. He smiles in my direction and his dimples make their appearance.

"Don't worry about it, if I hadn't drank before I came here I would have been like that too." I confess with a short laugh.

Jungkook speaks up. "If you hadn't what?"

a/n
Word Count: 864

I was NOT expecting sexual tension to be a huge success and it's only supposed to be a short story!

©2020 unbelibubblebangtann on wattpad