f i f t e e n

February 17; Age 15

"Jungkook,

stay away from Yerin."

Jungkook had quoted.

Turns out, Jungkook isn't dumb enough to give up his best friend for a random desperate chick. Enough. He still chose her for 9 whole months..

The bell for class had only just rung. Jungkook was late, I had already set up all of my materials for art class, waiting for the teacher to begin with their lesson.

The last load of students flood into the room, they included Jungkook, who's face only reflected worry and sorrow.

Jungkook dropped his bag onto the floor and took a seat at his regular spot on the stool next to mine.

"Yerin." I hear him whisper, I ignore it, it's just your mind playing tricks on you Yerin, it's not really him. Jungkook doesn't talk to you anymore kid, remember that.

"Yerin-!" He repeats, slightly louder. Ok brain, stop missing Jungkook so much he's—

"Yerin~" Jungkook whines, "Pleases don't ignore me I have something important to tell you."

I snap my head into his direction the moment I realize the situation wasn't just in my head. "Yeah?" I croak, my eyes pleading hoping that he'll finally set things right.

Jungkook's lips explode immediately into his huge bunny smile and my heart warms up. Before I know it I'm wrapped up in his arms, I had missed the the comfort of his warmth so insanely much and hadn't realized. "I broke up with her." He whispers into my ear as we embrace. Oh.

Wait, "What?!" I attempt to push myself away from him but his grasp around my waist was too strong. "Why?! You guys were going so strong and it really seemed like—"

"Yerin, we both know how bad of a person she was, even from the begging," Jungkook interrupts, hugging me tighter and practically exhausting my lungs off all of their air.

"I—" I find myself at a loss for words, not only from Jungkook's remark, but also from the happiness blooming in my stomach.. and the tight grip that my best friend had around me.

"But I thought you were setting me up with a your friend so I went with it." The boy explains, his cheerful attitude falling deeper into regret. "And then she started saying all of this weird stuff about you and I was getting really confused and then I realized that she was trying to spread rumors.."

It clicks in my head, she spread rumors about Jungkook to get the attention of other girls away from him.

My heart pangs with pain as I remember Jungkook's short stage of depression as he had fought the names he was called on a daily basis...

Jerk...

Cheater...

Man slut...

Everything a 14 year old boy shouldn't be called.

The boys explanation was too much for my heart to handle, he really felt guilty and he was making me feel guilty for ever doubting him.

"And then she said the thing about you in front of the bathroom but my thoughts were so crowed with you and then when I turned and saw you crying like that my mind just blanked." Jungkook continues, "And by the next day all I could remember from the day before was you crying and nothing about what she had said about you."

Jungkook takes a sharp inhale and his eyes water a bit from the overwhelming emotions in his body, "Today she came up to me and said 'Jungkook, stay away from Yerin.' but before she could finish the last letter of your name I broke up with her."

My lip quivers at the whole situation, I stuff my face into his shirt and hug him tight, "Jungkook I missed you so bad." Was the last thing I remember saying.

And "Yerin, I missed you more." Was the last thing I remember hearing.

a/n
Word Count: 641

Can you trust me (trust me)

Bangbangcon day 1 ended 6 hours ago but I only got to watch the first five hours and missed Tony Montana >:(

©2020 unbelibubblebangtann on wattpad