t w o

Mr. Gong dings the tiny annoying bell at his desk, signaling everyone to shut up.

Unfortunately, when silence falls, he doesn't stop ringing it, he continues. He sounds the bell for a good minute after silence falls, "Annoying isn't it?"

"That's how I feel when you all enter the class unprepared to learn so before you enter my class please !zip!" The short old man stands on his tip toes and mimics a zipper over his mouth, "your mouths and adjust your brains into your creative mind sets!"

He's.

So.

Annoying.

"We will begin this semester, dedicated to the broad spectrum of color theory, with a painting!" The way too old shriveled old man chirps. How does he have this much energy all day every day when I can't even force myself out of bed in the morning at like 1/8th of his age, "—But not any old painting! In this painting you will be demonstrating a specific example of one of your greatest fears, pains or worries— bonus points if I can feel the emotion but can't tell the situation!"

My heart unexpectedly tightens as I think of something to paint immediately, the all too familiar feeling of anxiety.

"Your assignment is due in two weeks, you will have every minute in class to work, get to it!" He plops down on his desk and almost immediately falls asleep, if only I could do the same.

"He's always to vague," Jungkook complains as he gets up out of his seat, I follow suit as we make our way to the blank canvases.

"What's new." I add as I pick up a canvas, examining its size and putting it down, only to pick a new one up.

I my body freezes as I feel a shadow loom over me, an unfamiliar scent overwhelms me as someone reaches over above me to grab a canvas, they stay there for far too long for comfort determining a canvas, I look over at Jungkook, eyes bulging.

The familiar boy immediately drops his canvas and gestures me to move forward. I do so, very slightly but even so, he uses the limited space I allowed him effectively and slides in between me and the unknown person. He protectively latches onto my waist and I melt into his comfortable embrace.

By the time he lets go, the person is long gone, I pick up a random canvas, no longer caring for the size, as does Jungkook, and we head back to our easels.

"Thank you," I whisper, pulling out my container of oil paints.

"Shut up dork," is Jungkook's only reply, doing the same with his acrylics.

I squirt some darker tones of paint onto my paint pallet and pick up a brush, "What cologne are you wearing? It smelt nice." Nice going, Yerin, not weird at all.

Jungkook doesn't fail to notice my unnatural nature and smiles but goes along with it, "The one you got me for Christmas last year."

"Oh yeah," my tensed state softens at the memory of last Christmas with Jungkook, "...because you used to stink all the time.." I bring back the year old phase and I can't help but to laugh at my own corny joke.

"Hey!" The immature mature boy whines, "That was just because you used to meet me after my gym sessions and you know it! —By the way— you don't do that anymore, you should! It's boring riding the bus home everyday again!"

"No way kid," I splat some random paint onto my canvas.

"Why?" He asks, finally choosing some paints to use.

"Because you stink."

a/n
Word Count: 603

name reveal hehe

©2020 unbelibubblebangtann on wattpad