33

"Mother" Rebecca said staring at her.
She didn't say anything just looked at us and smiled. Rebecca vamped over to her and pinned her up against the wall.
"Give me one good reason why we shouldn't kill you right now" Rebecca said.
"Because I'm dying" she said.
Rebecca let go of her and stepped back.
"How are you dying? I though Ayanna had preserved your body with a spell" Rebecca said.
"She did. I'm drawing my power from the Bennett witch line. When Abbey died the connection was severed. So my body is weakened." Esther said walking towards Rebecca and I.
"Well if you've come to spend your last moments with your loving daughter and darling granddaughter, prepare to be disappointed. You shouldn't have spent last time plotting my death." Rebecca said.
"Is that what you think I've been doing on the other side?" Esther asked.
"Yes" i said.
"I've been looking over you guys for a thousand years of joy and heartbreak. Your fights with Klaus Rebecca and your reunions with your father Maddie. The nights you cried yourselves to sleep. Not a day has gone by that i wasn't by your guys sides" Esther said.
"And yet you still tried to kill me and leave her an orphan" Rebecca said with tears in her eyes.
"Because it shouldn't  have been a thousand years, Rebecca. No one should live that long." Esther said.
"But we haven't lived at all." Rebecca said.
She wasn't wrong the only ones who have really lived would be my father and Uncle Klaus, i mean truly. I've been put into a box to punish my father more times that i can count.
"I'm sorry Rebecca and Maddie. I'm so so sorry" she said as she grabbed Rebecca hands and looked her in the eyes.
Then she collapsed onto the floor.
"Maddie! Do something!" Rebecca yelled.
"What? There's nothing i can do" i said as i walked over.
"What's going on?" Klaus asked as he walked in.
"She's dead" Rebecca said as she looked up at Klaus.
We all just looked at each other for a couple of minutes in silents not know what to really do.
"Come on. We are leaving" Klaus said grabbing my hand and motioning Rebecca to follow.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"The Salvatore's they have one more stake to find" Klaus said opening the car door for me and Rebecca.
"Who has it?" I asked.
"Alaric's alter ego" Klaus said as we drove over to the Salvatore's.
The three of us entered the house and stood by the door and waited a little while. Then we heard Stefan come up from the basement where Alaric was being kept.
"That wasn't too hard, was it?" Klaus asked as Stefan came around the corner.
"So where is it?" I asked as Stefan walked into the room.
"I'm the caves" he said.
"Well lets go and get it" Klaus said.
"No vampire can get into the cave" Stefan said as he poured a drink.
"Then we bring Alaric with us and make him get it" Klaus said.
"Great idea what's to stop him from just camping out in there?" Rebecca asked.
"She has a point" i said.
"I'll take care of it. Someone go get him" Klaus said.
"I'll do it!" I said.
"Yeah anyone but you." Klaus said.
"Why? I can handle him" i said.
"It's putting you in danger. Rebecca you get him" Klaus said.
She rolled her eyes and headed down to the basement.
"Uncle Klaus! I'm not a child i can handle things like this let me help" i said.
"You are a child and I'm not putting your live at risk Especially when I'm in charge of your safety" he said
"Oh wow now you care? The other day you were ready to leave me behind." I said with a laugh he didn't reply and Rebecca can back up with Alaric.
Klaus looked at Alaric and then back at Stefan.
"It's a little gratuitous, don't you think Stefan? I would have been more gentle." Klaus said.
"I'm going to take him to the cave" Rebecca said.
"Take Maddie with you" Klaus said slowly as he looked at me.
"Okay. And when we get there your going to fetch me the stake and if you think you can hide you're wrong." She said as she walked him out and i followed behind her.
We walked into the caves following Alaric and his flashlight.
"Go get it" Rebecca said as we got to the part where vampires couldn't go.
"You know i cant get in" Rebecca said again.
He sure Enough walked in and grabbed the stake and looked at us.
"Now why would i give you the one thing that requires everyone to keep me alive?" He asked as he sat down.
"Are we bargaining now?" I asked.
He said nothing.
"Fine. What's your offer?" Rebecca asked.
"There's only one stake out there. Which means only one original has to die. Help me. And I'll make sure it's not you, either of you" Ric said.
"Tenuous. But points for effort. You see i dont want one original to die." Rebecca said as she took a step into the cave.
I stepped back and Ric moved too.
"I want them all to die" she said.
"How the hell did you do that?" Ric asked.
"It was easy to fool both Niklaus and Maddie. But i though you of all people would understand. After all my son did use your body at one point" Rebecca said.
"Esther!" I said.
"Indeed" She said with a smile.
"Where's my aunt!" I yelled.
"Safe for now" she said.
"I'm going to kill you both!" I said.
"We Alaric have a great deal in common." Esther said.
"You lied didn't you!" I asked.
She laughed and turned and looked at me.
"No! Leave them alone!" I said.
"Your uncle made a mistake when he sent you with us" she said as she walked towards me.
I wasnt going to run because that would show Uncle Klaus i couldnt handle it. So i tried to use magic but that was a fail considering my grandma knew what i was going to do before i did it. She grabbed me and snapped my neck and everything was dark.