74

We stood in the study, Klaus, Rebecca and I.
Rebecca looked out the window where the vampires use to be, it was now morning.
"I cant believe you disposed of those vampires without me." Rebecca said turning away from the window.
"You know how she loves to set things on fire." I said as i sat down.
"Was i supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot?" Klaus asked as he looked at my aunt.
"Besides they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless, pregnant girl who's carrying my child." Klaus said with a smirk.
"Oh, I'm so moved, by your newfound sense of fatherly duty towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven." Rebecca said.
My uncle laughed as Hayley walked in.
"The werewolf would like to know what the plan is." Hayley said.
"Well that depends on what plan you mean luv." Klaus said.
"His plan for global domination" i said.
"Or Rebecca's plan to find love in a cruel cruel world." Klaus continued.
Rebecca smirked and turned and threw something at Klaus in which he caught.
"The plan to rescue Elijah, you know the good brother, Maddie's father. The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back." Hayley said.
"In the front, if we are being specific." Klaus said.
I rolled my eyes.
"You three said you were going to get him back. So is there a plan or what?" Hayley asked.
Rebecca and i looked at my uncle.
"Okay." He said as he sat down at the desk.
"Firstly Marcel is not my mortal enemy. He's my friend, albeit one who is unaware that i am trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French quarter, but a friend nonetheless. Secondly i daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcels trust. If i had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, the. I would have just kept him here with his own teenage witch therefore i would have weighed my opinion differently. Thirdly, Rebecca or Maddie please." My uncle said.
I looked at my aunt and she looked at Hayley.
"Thirdly the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back." Rebecca said.
Hayley looked horrified as she looked at the three of us.
"That's not the whole plan is it?" She asked.
"Oh please. Klaus might be a miserable excuse for a sibling and an Uncle but there is none more diabolical." Rebecca said.
"That's only plan A, Luv. There's always a plan b" Klaus said with a smile.
"And what's plan b?" Hayley asked.
"War" Klaus said.
Hayley looked at all of us scared out of her mind.
"Maddie and I will go talk to Marcel" Klaus said as he got up and headed for the door.
I looked at my Aunt and Hayley and then followed my uncle out the door.
We walked into Marcels house.
"Look. I know you and Klaus are friends, but the fact is, since the Originals showed up..." we heard a man start.
"Oh, come now Thierry. Your not still upset about that little, toxic werewolf bite i gave you, are you? I thought we were at bygones." Klaus said.
"Uncle Klaus" i whined.
"I see you've given him free rein of your compound too." Thierry said looking at Marcel.
"Yes, well, seeing as my family and I lived here, built the place in fact" Klaus started.
"Alright. Come on your both know the drill. Thierry is my guy, inner circle. Klaus is my old-time friend and sire. He's also a guest here. Peace alright?" Marcel said.
"Alright" Klaus said with a smile.
"What do you need my brother?" Marcel asked.
"I'm afraid my sister and niece are insisting i demand Elijahs return. They are quite worked up about it." Klaus said.
"Obviously" Marcel said.
"We are not going to have four originals walking around town are we? Half the guys think the sister killed the night walkers." Thierry said.
"Is that an accusation?" Klaus asked.
"Eh" Thierry said.
"Against an original?" Klaus asked as he headed towards Thierry.
"What did i say about peace?" Marcel said as he and I got between them.
"Come on. Walk with me" Marcel said to Klaus and I .
"Your inner circle guy lacks a sense of humor" Klaus said as we walked outside.
"He's a little over protective, but loyal to a fault. I saved his life back in the forties, found him dying of a war wound outside of a VA hospital. He'd kill for me and die for me. Plus that boy can play the trumpet like you would not believe. Maybe I'll see if he can play a little tonight at the party. You're coming right?" Marcel said.
"How can i miss my chance to meet the city councilman as he accepts your gigantic charitable donation?" Klaus said.
"Oh, he's a schmuck, but he lets us do our thing  in exchange for certain community services, like keeping our fangs out of the locals. Listen about Elijah, i would love to help you out, but Thierrys right. My guys are on edge. They see the original family moving in, vampires dying, it makes them nervous. If i hand Elijah back now, it's might give the wrong impression about who's really in charge here. You know what i mean?" Marcel said.
Klaus looked at me then back at Marcel.
"You understand i had to ask." Klaus said as he looked at me once more.
"I understand and i am sorry i cant help" Marcel said.
Klaus nodded and put him arm around my shoulder and i leaned into him and the two of us walked away. As soon as we were far enough away from Marcel Rebecca called not that she knew we were away from Marcel.
"Hey, Niklaus, For the love of Mary Magdalene, how long does it take to ask a simple question?" Rebecca asked threw the phone.
"Much longer than you'd think, considering the answer was, as expected, no." Klaus said as the two of us walked into the shed.
"Marcels man Thierry is suspicious. He thinks you killed 10 night walkers." Klaus said as we walked into the shed where one of Marcels men hung while Josh the newbie stabbed him to drain the blood and vervain out of his system.
"Well, that's a lie. I only killed 8. Should i make Thierry the ninth?" Rebecca asked.
"Marcel is playing friendly. We can't kill the favorite son, or he'll catch onto us." Klaus said.
"So war it is, then" Rebecca said.
"Indeed. Do you know what to do with the witch?" Klaus asked.
"I believe I do." Rebecca said.
"Good. You manage Sophie Deveraux. Maddie and I will take care of the next step." Klaus said as he hung up.
He walked over to Josh and Marcels other man.
"I ordered you to drain him of blood. What's taking so long?" Klaus asked Josh.
"Sorry. I'm not medieval torture expert guy." Josh said.
I laughed. I liked Josh he was cool so far anyway.
My uncle ran over and stabbed the guy in the stomach with a pitchfork.
"What did he do to you anyway?" Josh asked.
"It's not about what he did. It's about what he's going to do when we're done here, which is whatever i want him to, just like you." My uncle said with out even looking at Josh.
My uncle then took the pitchfork out of the guys stomach and walked over to Josh.
"For a example, drive this through his torso." My uncle said compelling Josh.
Josh did as he was told and looked at my uncle.
"That is crazy. I didnt want to do it, but i did it anyway." Josh said.
"It's called mind compulsion. Vampires can compel humans. Originals like my siblings, my niece and I can also compel vampires, and no one can compel Originals. You following?" My uncle asked.
Josh nodded.
"Good. That is how a brand new night walker such as yourself is here doing my bidding with no one the wiser." Klaus said.
"But i never has my guts drained out of me." Josh said.
"Yes, That, young Joshua, is because i got to you before you had even a drop of herbal vervain in your system. You see it prevents compulsion. Marcel has had his whole crew talking it since i returned to town, and that is why our friend here needs to be bled dry of it so i can compel him to follow my every command, and with my brother currently in captivity awaiting rescue, we can't afford to be gentle about it. Can we?" Klaus asked as he stabbed the guy again.
My uncle took the pitchfork out of the guy handing it back to Josh.
"Be quick about it, i have an army to build, and one compelled minion does not make an army" Klaus said as his phone rang.
He picked it up and walked away and i looked at Josh and followed and listened to his conversation with my aunt.
"Well?" My uncle said.
"You were right about the traitor. Luckily, she just a kid and she doesn't know anything about us or what were up to. Do you want to hear the part that's going to please you the most?" Rebecca asked.
"Oh, do tell." My uncle said as i looked back at josh who was stabbing the guy as told.
"She in love with someone in Marcels inner circle. Guess who it is." Rebecca said.
"Right hand man type, favors silly caps?" Klaus asked.
"Two points for you. Thierry is fraternizing with the enemy." Rebecca said.
My uncle smiled and looked at me.
"Well, That means he just unwillingly became the key to our entire plan." Klaus said.
"I told you you'd be pleased." Rebecca said.
"Oh, to be young and in love in a city where witches and vampires are at war. How very.." my uncle started.
"Romeo and Juliet?" I said.
"Indeed little niece" he said with a smile.