44

I woke up in my bed about an hour later. I got up and ran down the stairs and found Jeremy in the red room with the hunter. Jeremy was drawing.
"You set me up at the hospital. Led me into a trap. Why?" The hunter asked.
"You were trying to hurt people who are important to me." Jeremy said.
"Important to you? That vampire threatened to kill you. I don't understand how you could see the tattoos if you're a sympathizer" the hunter said.
"What exactly do you understand? 'Cause a couple days ago, you seemed to know all the answers. And now you know Jack. And for your information a vampire also tried to save me" Jeremy said.
The hunter laughed. Jeremy looked up at him.
"Where did these tattoos come from? Why am I the only one who can see it?" Jeremy asked.
The hunter signed.
"Years ago i met someone with a mark. Claimed he had this intense desire to kill vampires. Like it was ingrained in his DNA. Told me the same thing I told you... if i could see the mark, i was a potential." The hunter said.
"Who was he?" Jeremy asked.
"Just a guy I served in Iraq with. I lose track of him, and then one day... the tattoo just showed up on me. It started on my hand, but the more vampires I killed, the more it spread, like... like it was trying to tell me something. I just... i just don't know what." The hunter said.
Jeremy went back to drawing.
"So tell me more about this tattoo" Stefan said.
"My sisters suitor was unwilling to tell us anything. Rebecca, however, was more than willing to investigate, isn't that right?" Klaus asked as i rejoined them in the kitchen.
"Ah welcome back little niece." Klaus said as i took my seat.
"Your rude" i said.
"Ah you'll get over it love" he said.
"My sisters boyfriend threw a slumber party that night. He and his brothers put us all down in our sleep. Elijah, Kol, Finn... and me. Maddie, however, they never daggered her only held he hostage" Klaus said.
"How was i supposed to know?" Rebecca asked.
"Cheers. To my sisters uncanny ability to choose men." Klaus said.
"I thought the daggers didn't work on you because of your werewolf side" Stefan said.
"They don't" Klaus said with a smirk.

Flashback
Suddenly i watched Klaus sit up and pull the dagger out of his chest.
"Uncle Klaus?" I cried.
"Shhh little one now is not the time" Klaus said as he untied me.
Klaus went on a murder spree and I helped it was the first time I ever went on a spree.
Afterwards the two of us went about and undaggered Rebecca.
"What happened?" Rebecca asked as she sat up.
"Ask him" Klaus said as he moved aside.
"Only he cannot answer because i have ripped out his tongue along with the rest of them" Klaus said.
"Nik, i had no idea" Rebecca said.
"But you should have. Your only family was nearly whipped out because of your stupidity!" Klaus yelled.
"Uncle Klaus stop she feels bad enough" i said as i stepped in.
"Oh my god! Maddison!" She cried.
"It's not my blood I'm okay i was never daggered" i said.
"You murdered them with Nik didn't you?" She asked.
I nodded and that when i realized what i had done.
"Oh my god! I killed them" i cried.
My uncle grabbed me and pulled me up against his chest and looked at Rebecca.
"What did he promise you?" He asked.
"Nothing" she said. "Nothing"
"He would not have made a move unless he knew you were vulnerable. You trusted him... over me!" Klaus yelled.
I jumped and my uncle held me tighter.
"What did he promise you?" Klaus asked.
"Nothing, Nik, i swear" she cried.
"What did he promise you?!" Klaus yelled.
Rebecca just cried and Klaus let me go and charged at Rebecca.
"Tell me, Rebecca!" Klaus yelled as he grabbed her and shook her.

"Go ahead Rebecca tell him. Tell him what the hunter told you the tattoo leads to. What's this great weapon that could bring upon the end of the vampire species" Klaus said as he looked at Stefan.
"A cure. He said there was a cure" Rebecca said slowly.
"There is not cute for vampirism" Stefan said as Klaus got up and he followed lead.
"I'm telling the truth Stefan" Rebecca said as she got up.
"Then why wouldn't you have searched for it, found it?" Stefan asked.
"Because when the hunters draw there final breath that night the marks disappeared from their  bodies the map was gone, the brotherhood of the five extinct." Klaus said as he pour himself a drink.
"For 900 years, there was not a whisper of another hunter until that guys showed up in town." I said.
"Well now we have the map. What do we do next?" Rebecca asked.
"We don't do anything. You can't be trusted little sister. You'll be blabbing this secret to the first boy who calls you pretty" Klaus said.
"Uncalled for Uncle Klaus!" I said.
"It's pathetic really, isn't it? How she continues to hand her heart to any man who shows her a hint of affection. You think she would have learned by now from the endless cycle of disappointment and deception!" Klaus said.
"But i havent! Instead i stay with you and let you leech every moment of happiness from my life. You know at least i faired better than Finn. Klaus left him daggered because he was tiered of his judgment" Rebecca yelled.
"No, Finn was a dullard. He's more interesting lying in a box." Klaus said.
"You want the cure for Elena, don't you? So you can go back to mass producing your hybrids. That's why you brought Stefan in, cause you knew he'd help you even though he hates your guts. You know what, you can shove your cure." Rebecca said as she walked away.
"Wait Rebecca!" I Yelled as i went to go after her.
Klaus caught me.
"Leave her" he said.
"Well i hope you got what you wanted out of her before you chased her off." Stefan said.
"She would have never told me what i needed to know. But she'll tell you." Klaus said.
"What do you need me to find out?" Stefan asked.
"The map is useless without the tool to decipher it." Klaus said.
"The sword" Stefan said.
"She knows where it is and your going to get her to tell you were it is. You have a chance to save Elena. From the very thing that's going. To destroy her. You can call it a deal with the devil if you like. But you know you won't walk away from it." Klaus said with a devilish smile on his face.
Klaus then went in and checked on Jeremy and i followed to make sure he didn't hurt him. Klaus looked over his shoulder.
"Nice lines. Now, if you could just hurry it up a little bit." Klaus said.
"I'm done" Jeremy said as he stood up.
My uncle took the sketch from Jeremy and looked at it.
"What is this?" Klaus asked.
"It's the tattoo" Jeremy said.
Klaus threw the sketch on the ground and turned around and charged at Jeremy and i jumped in between them.
"I've seen the tattoo you repugnant punk. There's more too it" Klaus said pushing me aside.
I landed on the ground and i looked up as Klaus grabbed Jeremy's neck.
"That's all of it. He said every time he kills a vampire it spreads" Jeremy said as he glanced at me.
Klaus let got of him and pushed him in the chair.
"Nate!" Klaus called.
Nate came.
"Tell the girl to take Jeremy home. Keep this one alive at all costs." Klaus said as he and Nate walked out closing the door behind them.
Jeremy got up and helped me up.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"I'm fine I'm use to it" i said.
"Where's your father at? Why aren't you with him?" Jeremy asked.
"I came back to save Rebecca and i failed. And Klaus is keeping me around for some unknown reason" i said as i looked down.
"You saved me twice" he said as he picked me chin up and i was looking him in the eyes.
"I failed though" i said.
"You didn't your best. You're uncle is stronger than you" he said slowly.
I watched as his eyes went from looking at my eyes to my lips and back at my eyes. He slowly leaned in and kissed me. The kiss was broke though when my uncle barged back in.
He gave Jeremy a glare before yanking me out of the room.
"Go up to your room I'll deal with you later" he said pushing me towards the stairs.
I just listened and walked to my room with my hand on my lips. Jeremy kissed me. My first kiss in over 90 years. I smiled because nothing my uncle could do would ruin my mood right now.